Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSE expanding product line in Feb/March

Default OSE expanding product line in Feb/March

Since things are a bit on the slow side at OSE, it seems only time to increase our product line. In February we finally solidified a partnership with a machine shop to bring in a new line of mono turn fins, water cooled adjustable motor mounts in both the 380 and 540 sizes and a bunch of new rudders, small to large. The economy may be slow, but at OSE we are continually trying to bring you the customer the latest and greatest in rc boat parts!

Thanks for all the support!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Since things are a bit on the slow side at OSE, it seems only time to increase our product line. In February we finally solidified a partnership with a machine shop to bring in a new line of mono turn fins, water cooled adjustable motor mounts in both the 380 and 540 sizes and a bunch of new rudders, small to large. The economy may be slow, but at OSE we are continually trying to bring you the customer the latest and greatest in rc boat parts!

Thanks for all the support!
    Steven, This is great news...

If you get a chance, and want to expand a little more, I think the market REALLY needs a better selection of pre-made HYDRO Turn fins as well....
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Very cool Steven!!!!, ditto on the Hydro turn fins!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Ditto to Doug's ditto on those turn fins!!!

Thats great news!! I hope to see some good hardware soon to try out, hopefully good and cheaper than Speedmaster.... lol
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

I can't wait to see what you have in store?
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Yea! I am still looking for the perfect rudder and strut setup for my blackjack. Hopefully there will be some new options in hardware.

Keep up the great work!
    Boats:
    Proboat Apache 24
    Proboat Blackjack 26 Brushless

Sounds like we need hydro fins. I'll see what I can find. What are you guys looking for in a hydro turn fin that a AquaCraft Ul-1 fin will not provide? Is the bracket or turn fin itself to thin?
    Steven Vaccaro

Sounds like we need hydro fins. I'll see what I can find. What are you guys looking for in a hydro turn fin that a AquaCraft Ul-1 fin will not provide? Is the bracket or turn fin itself to thin?
    YES!! We need hydro turn fins...

With the UL-1 it is too flexable and the mount could be more sturdy.. When running P-hydro on 4s2p at 50+mph the UL-1 turn fins just dont cut it.. Mabey use its profile and make one thicker and with a stronger mount!

Steven V. ---------YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
    Nothing like keeping you lipos warm and your prop wet!!

Steven, I liked the carbon Fullers fin that is not available anymore. Maybe something like that in all aluminum.

The RCMK fin is nice. They also make a big one for the gas sized hulls which is very sturdy.

I would like one like the ul-1 but not as wide and maybe a bit smaller for the vintage shovelnose.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

...water cooled adjustable motor mounts in both the 380 and 540 sizes...
    That's great news on the water-cooled motor mounts

I'd have to agree regarding turn fins for hydros. Among others, I'd like to see a swept back version like they use in Japan for rougher water.

It is really nice to see a vendor that listens to customer requests and diligently pursues making those items available. I know I for one can appreciate the time and effort required to make this happen. Of course you'll never seen the profit in your pocket for these efforts, but you have to know that the community appreciates it!

Maybe we should all send you a bottle of your favorite libation so that those long discussions throughout the world go a little easier LOL!

"Yes Steven, I'd like to have 40 turn fins, 23 UL-1's, and go ahead and charge me for what you're drinking this week"
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I'm meeting with a new cad guy in a couple of weeks. I've had guys use the aqua fin on boats from 22" to 30" with great results. But I've read online that the bigger boat guys are complaining of bending. Whats bending? The bracket or fin itself?

Meniscus I see it this way, the more research and time spent in the basement, the less time my wife has me for the "honey do" lists!!! lol
    Steven Vaccaro

Meniscus I see it this way, the more research and time spent in the basement, the less time my wife has me for the "honey do" lists!!! lol
    I though you said she reads the forum? You are one brave guy!!!!!

You have a very valid point though! So what did you say you drink? ...in the basement even?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Steven those fins are very soft. We've bent them on Vac-U-Pickles with SV power systems, just running the race course.
    I do like the blade shape and profile, it holds the 26" ish hulls nice in the corners.
    A good addition to that I think would be something like Ray's standard strut bracket but a bit longer. I like the square 4 hole footprint. That's what I have been using on the small sport hydros along with a heavier version of the AQ turnfin, they hold up well.
    I can post a pic if you'd like.

Just my ,02
    Keep up the good work sir!!
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Hydro turn find are defiantly in demand!.

Steven that is great news for sure
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    I though you said she reads the forum? You are one brave guy!!!!!

You have a very valid point though! So what did you say you drink? ...in the basement even?

She knows I'm only teasing!
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    Steven those fins are very soft. We've bent them on Vac-U-Pickles with SV power systems, just running the race course.
    I do like the blade shape and profile, it holds the 26" ish hulls nice in the corners.
    A good addition to that I think would be something like Ray's standard strut bracket but a bit longer. I like the square 4 hole footprint. That's what I have been using on the small sport hydros along with a heavier version of the AQ turnfin, they hold up well.
    I can post a pic if you'd like.

Just my ,02
    Keep up the good work sir!!
    Doug
    Please post a picture Doug.

Also has anyone tried the new Aqua turn fin from the UL-1? Its thicker.
    Steven Vaccaro

Please post a picture Doug.

Also has anyone tried the new Aqua turn fin from the UL-1? Its thicker.
    No, I thought they were the same? Do you have any in stock? I would like to try one, if they are indeed thicker..
    Nothing like keeping you lipos warm and your prop wet!!

If I can make a turn fin suggestion... Use a good grade of aluminum i.e. 6061, 7071, 7075

With the higher grade of AL you can use .063 or maybe a little thicker.

As for the AQ fins... Pre UL-1's were 1.26mm (oops I had to change it) The UL-1 is 2mm

Check tower, they should have the thicknesses...

Mike

Yep... I just confirmed the thicknesses above on Towers site. I feel the thickness dimension and the fin profile from AQ is fine, but you need to use a better grade of aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    If I can make a turn fin suggestion... Use a good grade of aluminum i.e. 6061, 7071, 7075

With the higher grade of AL you can use .063 or maybe a little thicker.

As for the AQ fins... Pre UL-1's were 1.26mm (oops I had to change it) The UL-1 is 2mm

Check tower, they should have the thicknesses...

Mike

I will remeasure tonight, but when I first got them, I measured one at 1.65mm. Still thicker than the old ones.
    Steven Vaccaro

I'm going to try one of these on my Whiplash 20. Im waiting for it to come in so I can finish building the boat and try it out.

If it bends on isn't good, I'll make one or wait for Steven to come out with one.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Steve is becoming a one stop shop, next we'll see interactive videos and such, maybe even a skype hot line for call ins (It's all good) That's what being in business is about, capturing and maintaining your customers loyalty, With honesty, service and lots of eye candy
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Steven i always said you were the BEST........... Thanks for all your hard work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hawaiian Tunda

I always appreciate the comments, but I'm far from the best. If I was truly the best, I would be able to offer some of the RcPrince ideas. Plus I've always believed that someone is always better off constantly striving to be the best. I've known some people that called themselves "the best" and they forgot where they came from, eventually letting themselves down!

PS RCprince skype is a cool idea for taking orders!
    Steven Vaccaro

I remember OSE from about five years ago, and I wonder if we all know just how far Mr. Vaccaro has driven this thing we call FE. Steven, any chance of finding & displaying some early OSE pages ? { or maybe as a "goof" put the old opening page up for an hour or so ? } April fools day's coming up
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I remember OSE from about five years ago, and I wonder if we all know just how far Mr. Vaccaro has driven this thing we call FE. Steven, any chance of finding & displaying some early OSE pages ? { or maybe as a "goof" put the old opening page up for an hour or so ? } April fools day's coming up
    Thats something to think about!!

The old site in the beginning had some rock songs once in a while, even Christmas music. .
    Steven Vaccaro

hmmm, lets see, when steven goes to the pond he can call it 'product testing', during summer vacation when he stops at various namba events its market research(and gathering consumer feedback)...
    rex
    Still waiting for my boat to come in.it came in

Thats something to think about!!

The old site in the beginning had some rock songs once in a while, even Christmas music. .
    LOL! Sorry I missed that, from time to time I'm sure we could use music on the forum such as "Kumbaya"

To prevent confusion, I would recommend putting the old site for nostalgic purposes on a subdomain or other link, but be sure to identify is as such and link back to the current site. Otherwise, the search engines will cache the pages for years, LMAO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast