Thread: Need help please

Default Need help please

I?m pretty much a newbie in the electric boat arena, I have three Pro boats a Zelle?s 29 a Sonic Wake 2 and a recoil 2.
    all of the boats have Been modded and handle and run well the problem I have is I?m always wondering if building my own boat from a OSE available hull will out perform my mono hull boats in handling and speed.
    if you were to suggest a 30 in boat to build for bashing around what hull and motor would you suggest.

I don?t plan on racing however I would like it to out perform the boats I have in handling and speed.

1. Nexgen outrigger
    2. blazer marine P hydro being released within a month or 2
    3. zippkits JAE33 or R4

outriggers and hydros are the formula 1 of boats. Its all about cornering with them. If you ever had the pleasure of seeing really fast outriggers corner in person it looks like you are watching a video at 2x speed. It doesnt look real. after that its pretty hard to go back to boring mono and cats.

look at this video of the nexgen outrigger on 4s....P LIMITED 4s at that. meaning a 3660 motor.
    https://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiM...71365687421223

OK I’m sold how difficult are these to setup, so what 3660 motor what KV please

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    OK I’m sold how difficult are these to setup, so what 3660 motor what KV please
    you'd have to ask Mark Grimm. It probably a Neu motor, SMC batteries, castle ESC. If not Neu its rewound something which costs $250. A good off the shelf p-limited motor (the best actually) is the one out of your veles the dynamite 3831. You dont have to stay P-limited you can move up motor sizes since you arent racing. A 3680 or 4074 maybe. if it will fit in the hull. Talk to them over email about it.

Outriggers are the easiest wood kits to build. It takes skill, but it is nothing to be intimidated about. Its actually pretty fun.

the blazer P hydro while not quite as fast, hydro's simply arent as fast as riggers, the prototypes are dominating the racing scene locally.
    It is soon to be released and a bit more involved to build, though. But it will hold a lot more motor in it. There will be a P-limited 31" version and regular P 34" version out very soon. This is the 34"

This is blistering at 10 seconds a lap. 75mph is about 12 seconds a lap just to give you an idea. This boat set a new IMPBA record the day this was filmed.

Thanks so much for your input, I’ve been looking at these for a while just a bit intimidated by the setup, I think I’m going to pull the trigger on one and move to the fast side ��

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Thanks so much for your input, I’ve been looking at these for a while just a bit intimidated by the setup, I think I’m going to pull the trigger on one and move to the fast side ��
    I have the R4 and FE33. The FE33 is much easier to work on due to the larger interior space for the electronics.
    They are great kits to build. My only recommendation would be to get a speed master strut setup on it instead of the zip kits strut.

Unsure about the nexGen rigger but heard great things.