Thread: Mystic 114

Default Mystic 114

Hi Gang, I just received my Mystic 114 and have a few questions. The xlx2's water pickup is not ideal sticking straight up. Any idea where I can find a 90* fitting so they clear the hatch better? Also prop recommendations, the boat has 4092 2080 kv motors I plan on running on 6s. I am looking for longer run times over saw speed runs at the moment.
    IMG_0014.jpg

Look in the water fittings section here at OSE for 90’s. If you are looking for runtime lower Kv motors or run on 4s with the 2080kv ones. That is SAW rpm you are running.

If you're going to run those motors on 6S and want longer run times over speed, Octura 442's will be your best bet. But as Shawn mentioned, slowing it down with lower voltage or lower kV will do more for run time.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'm definitely no expert where boats are concerned...but, in regards to RC's in general, I do know more than my fair share worth. I'd recommend going with lower kv motors, as opposed to lower voltage. In lowering voltage, you lose RPMs & torque. By going with a lower kv motor, but sticking with the same voltage, you lower your RPMs, but still maintain torque, allowing you to get up on-plane faster.

As for prop recommendations, I'll leave that to the experts.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thanks for the replies, guys, I am going to run these motors for now and pick up some lower 1650kv later, I would guess be good? I will pick up some 442 to start for now. OSE is out of the 90* fittings that have 10-32 thread. I did purchase some starter props from MHZ but I did not find them in the packaging or in the boat. I reached out to MHZ and Shirley there is adamant they were in there and I am trying to steal from their small business & only the US based customers email them about missing parts. It sure left a bad taste in my mouth. I think the starter props were around $25 or so, like really? I don't think I will be purchasing anything from them again.

Those fittings will be available from a number of places. You can try Mcmaster Carr too.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by paDDY View Post
    Thanks for the replies, guys, I am going to run these motors for now and pick up some lower 1650kv later, I would guess be good? I will pick up some 442 to start for now. OSE is out of the 90* fittings that have 10-32 thread. I did purchase some starter props from MHZ but I did not find them in the packaging or in the boat. I reached out to MHZ and Shirley there is adamant they were in there and I am trying to steal from their small business & only the US based customers email them about missing parts. It sure left a bad taste in my mouth. I think the starter props were around $25 or so, like really? I don't think I will be purchasing anything from them again.
    I hope they view canadian customers better... Patiently waiting for my 114.

The 90-degree fittings on the motor coolers, if they are the same thread, swap'em with the esc ones. seams the motor coolers have room for straight barbs.

I looked all over including Mcmaster and the only place I could find them was Oxiden Marine.

I looked all over including Mcmaster and the only place I could find them was Oxiden Marine.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/364523453589

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Where were you a week ago?

And got them cheaper.

Just sayin

Where were you a week ago?

And got them cheaper.

Just sayin
    Sorry Paddy, thought OSE would’ve had em. Glad you got some.
    Shawn

Where did you end up buying them? OSE is the only place I can find 10-32 90 degree barbs and they are still out of stock!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerUnknown069 View Post
    Where did you end up buying them? OSE is the only place I can find 10-32 90 degree barbs and they are still out of stock!
    I found them at Oxedine marine.

Please share the link if you can, I don?t see them anywhere on the Oxidean site.

Thank you! I think these are M5 thread not 10-32. They went on without leaks or crossed threads? I can confirm with Oxidean on the thread type as well. Thanks for the help.

No problem, I should have put the link in the thread to begin with. They worked without issue or cross thread.