Thread: Converting a Proboat Glow Hydro to Electric

Default Converting a Proboat Glow Hydro to Electric

I have a Proboat Formula Boats glow powered hydroplane that I would like to maybe convert to electric. It currently has a .18 glow motor, and boat is about 26" long.
    What would be a good electric setup for this boat?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TLH101; 11-18-2023 at 01:31 PM.

OSE raider 150a, leopard 3660 2050kv, two 2s batteries wired in series.

boat is wayyyy cooler as nitro though.

Well since I have done several of these and am currently doing a Miss Bud I think that I would recommend a OSE Raider 90 ESC and 2200-2400 36mm motor for 4s or 2800-3000 for 3s packs. If you size packs well you can squeeze them into the sponsons for a 2p setup. 37mm prop is a good start. I should have the Homestreet build on here to check out.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Well since I have done several of these and am currently doing a Miss Bud I think that I would recommend a OSE Raider 90 ESC and 2200-2400 36mm motor for 4s or 2800-3000 for 3s packs. If you size packs well you can squeeze them into the sponsons for a 2p setup. 37mm prop is a good start. I should have the Homestreet build on here to check out.

Shawn
    Finally found a V2 miss bud with the stuffing tube and aluminum strut that I plan on converting. Never could bring myself to hack of the V1 hull I have hanging on the wall.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Finally found a V2 miss bud with the stuffing tube and aluminum strut that I plan on converting. Never could bring myself to hack of the V1 hull I have hanging on the wall.
    What’s the difference between V1 & V2 Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    What’s the difference between V1 & V2 Ryan?
    The V1 had the solid driveshaft with the V shaped support down the entire length of the tunnel and no strut at the back. The V2 hull had a stuffing tube, flex cable, and an aluminum strut mounted to the bottom of the hull.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The V1 had the solid driveshaft with the V shaped support down the entire length of the tunnel and no strut at the back. The V2 hull had a stuffing tube, flex cable, and an aluminum strut mounted to the bottom of the hull.
    Ah ok, I’ve got one of each then. Not that it matters now, haha