Thread: Castle Phoenix Ice 200

Default Castle Phoenix Ice 200

Gents,
    What's the trick to using a Flysky FS-GT2E transmitter and FS 2 Ch.receiver, 3s lipo to power an inn-runner
    1100kv motor ? also trying a RadioLink RC4GS v3 with RL receiver. steering works ,throttle questionable.

Help if you know,

Zondar
    Traxxas Spartan, RCBB Zonda-R, Promarine MTR, Proboat IMP 31 v3, PB UL-19, Bonzai FE 47 Skater

I think you need a pixtix or similar to run an air ESC on a basic wheel TX.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Did you reverse throttle channel? And recalibrate?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    Did you reverse throttle channel? And recalibrate?

This Radiolink transmitter has way to reverse throttle but didn't work for me.
    I have to keep tension on trigger brake and slowly release for more throttle (backwards).

Thanks for the quick response,
    I'll keep listing.
    Traxxas Spartan, RCBB Zonda-R, Promarine MTR, Proboat IMP 31 v3, PB UL-19, Bonzai FE 47 Skater

Castle told me of the pixtix but couldn't tell me where to find part.

Thanks for your help,
    I'll be listening.

There's another way, let me see if I can find the post. Do you have a castlelink to program it via computer?

Try this:

FYI, setting the fail safe resets the endpoints and then the motor runs at neutral when you lose signal (tested by turning off transmitter). To solve I changed the 'Throttle Type' to Fixed-Endpoints and followed the instructions in Castle-Lync. I ended up with 98% on forward and 35% on reverse trims. Fail safe is now safe!

Fixed-Endpoints
    Fixed-Endpoints will set zero-throttle and full-throttle points to fixed values so that the ESC does not have to learn from your transmitter. If you are using this mode, you will most likely want to change the EPA settings on your transmitter to allow full throttle resolution with the throttle stick. *!**To do this, turn on your TX and set normal mode in the transmitter for a linear throttle curve (0,25,50,75,100). Bring your high side and low side endpoints on your throttle channel down to 25%, plug in the battery pack with the throttle stick at full (it won't start up), then bring your high endpoint back out towards (and sometimes past) 100% until you hear a single tone. Next, bring your throttle stick down to the bottom position and bring the endpoint out from 25% out towards (and possibly past) 100% until you hear the ESC arm. Unplug the battery pack, wait a few seconds, then plug back in and verify that the throttle is working properly.

Will give it a try!
    Appreciate ya!
    Always trust a professional!
    Best,
    Z

Anytime, hope it works!