Thread: Pathfinder spinning out

Default Pathfinder spinning out

Can anyone show me a setup,prop,ETC for there delta force pathfinder?

Tom

Without knowing anything about your setup or hardware being used, I would suggest you start by dialing back the travel on your steering servo
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

also 32% center of gravity to start

Did the servo,as Im turning it will hook if I dont straighten it out half way into the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by tjsb View Post
    Did the servo,as Im turning it will hook if I dont straighten it out half way into the turn.
    Again, since you've provided us with nothing to go on but the fiberglass carrying case in play, my next guess would be a weak servo, sloppy steering linkage, or too much friction in the steering linkage.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

use a 20kg servo and the boat wil stir

I have one in it and turning down steering helped

How wide is the rudder?
    Nortavlag Bulc

1 x 4 long

O.k. the rudder is fine. Too wide and it can cause issues.

You could try a skeg strut from OSE.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Didnt think of that.

Thanks

Unfortunately the CAT hulls are made to go forward well, and that's about it. They are not great at going around a turn at speed as they will easily hook and flip. Some designs are worse than others depending on how wide they are.

Narrower hulls will hook and roll easier than a wider boat will. I have a twin myself, and its the one boat that I'm guaranteed to flip at least once at every outing unless I slow down to turn while using as little rudder as possible. I think of CATS like a car that is set up for drag racing but someone trying to run it on a Nascar track instead. It ill scream in the straights, but getting it to turn at speed without ending up on its roof will be a problem

LOL I have 3 a Veles that rolls easy runs best with a 4519,pathfinder not a bad again best with a 4519 ,and a Cheetah best with a 4819 that I love it turns on a dime at full speed but not as fast given its size.Veles has a 6s 2200 kv Pathfinder on 5 s with a 2650 kv Cheetah 1900 kv 6s or 7s

Yep, mine is a Miss Geico Twin 6S 2000kv, so essentially the Velos, and its a handful in a corner. I haven't yet tried to swap the cables around and reverse the rotation of the twin pops to rotate outward instead of inward, as that can "sometimes" help to calm a twin cat down a bit in the corners

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    Unfortunately the CAT hulls are made to go forward well, and that's about it. They are not great at going around a turn at speed as they will easily hook and flip. Some designs are worse than others depending on how wide they are.

Narrower hulls will hook and roll easier than a wider boat will. I have a twin myself, and its the one boat that I'm guaranteed to flip at least once at every outing unless I slow down to turn while using as little rudder as possible. I think of CATS like a car that is set up for drag racing but someone trying to run it on a Nascar track instead. It ill scream in the straights, but getting it to turn at speed without ending up on its roof will be a problem
    The bolded is not really true. The Veles handles corners well as do numerous cat hulls from the Veles up to 35CC gas boats. The Pathfinder the OP is asking about has almost the same bottom as a Mean Machine.

Pathfinder 28 hulls were being used for P Limited cat class up to a year ago when speeds kinda went nut for that class. Because the speeds increased so much people had to seek out hulls with a little better stability in the straughts as well as in corners.
    Nortavlag Bulc