Thread: MiniCat Racing Boats

Default MiniCat Racing Boats

I'm looking for a MiniCat Racing Starship rigger and/or hydro.
    I sold mine and now that I'm healthy again I wish I hadn't!
    Support US hobby suppliers

They stopped making them years ago, if you really want that one in particular they were made by Tenshock so its possible that some polite begging could get them to bust out the molds and knock you up one.

If you are not after that specific rigger just one of that size, there are MUCH better alternatives now which is why Tenshock discontinued it a decade or so ago. Look at the ETTI Raze 2, and Ecomaster Mini Hydro.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks for the update. I'll check them out.

here's the rigger you want

https://www.nexgenpmb.com/kits

Probably not Bande1, they are not really comparable. One is likely about double the size of the other and they are designed for different purposes.

It doesn't state a length (I would guess just under 34" from the classes but not 100% sure) but they do give a boom tube width for the wooden sprint race hydro you linked to, and at 500mm it is a good chunk wider than the 430mm molded endurance race hydro Starship was long.

The boats I suggested are 450mm designed for endurance racing like the Starship. Mini classes were raced nationally for years but different countries had their own rules including hull size and China was <430mm, but when the classes were accepted into the Naviga international rules in 2013 <450mm was chosen, so since then all the Mini Hydros have been about 0.8" bigger at 17.7".

Back in 2013 I was running a shortend JAE Minisprint which was competitive with Starships, I won the national championships that year and came 7th at the worlds, my highest score was 27 laps with that boat, but there as been a lot of hull development since then and it wasn't long before it became uncompetitive, as the lapsores have been getting better with every hull generation, someone in my club did 32laps with an ETTI Raze last year. If you want to go fast for a minute with nearly unlimited power a wooden sprint boat is great, but if you want to run for >5 minutes a light molded boat with good aero can be nearly 20% faster than a wooden sprint boat with the same energy.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 11-02-2023 at 09:37 PM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Oh ok. But that boat holds the 2 lap world record at over 70mph on p-limited.

In Europe the format we race is completely different, that boat wouldn't be competitive at all as Paul stated...
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder