Thread: B-link

Default B-link

Ive spent some time with the search function but im having trouble finding info on the Castle B-Link bluetooth unit. Does anyone here have any experience with the product? Seems like it would be nice to not have instead of using the laptop at the pond to make adjustments. any help would be appreciated.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Slotrc View Post
    Ive spent some time with the search function but im having trouble finding info on the Castle B-Link bluetooth unit. Does anyone here have any experience with the product? Seems like it would be nice to not have instead of using the laptop at the pond to make adjustments. any help would be appreciated.

Todd
    I am not a fan personally.
    The data view is very limited. I have found I need the full PC version to make well educated changes.

I've used the B-Link, as well as the Castle Link...although, that was with surface ESC's, and not marine ESCs. To be completely honest, I am not even certain the B-Link is compatible with the marine ESCs. Whereas the surface ESC's are programmed through the Rx receiver plug, the Marine ESCs are programmed through a separate port on the ESC itself.

It has been at least a few years since I used the B-Link, but, if I remember correctly, the programming options were slightly limited compared to the computer app options. For example, on the computer you could program in 1% increments, or else the phone app only allowed increments of 10%. Additionally, the beeling had connection problems, meeting it had to be reconnected to the phone constantly. That is the primary reason I gave up on it. Now, it is possible that they have made improvements to the unit, itself, as well as the app...but, I am not 100% certain.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    I am not a fan personally.
    The data view is very limited. I have found I need the full PC version to make well educated changes.
    This may be the case, i wasnt sure if data recording/telemetry was available with this unit. That would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I've used the B-Link, as well as the Castle Link...although, that was with surface ESC's, and not marine ESCs. To be completely honest, I am not even certain the B-Link is compatible with the marine ESCs. Whereas the surface ESC's are programmed through the Rx receiver plug, the Marine ESCs are programmed through a separate port on the ESC itself.

It has been at least a few years since I used the B-Link, but, if I remember correctly, the programming options were slightly limited compared to the computer app options. For example, on the computer you could program in 1% increments, or else the phone app only allowed increments of 10%. Additionally, the beeling had connection problems, meeting it had to be reconnected to the phone constantly. That is the primary reason I gave up on it. Now, it is possible that they have made improvements to the unit, itself, as well as the app...but, I am not 100% certain.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    evidently now its available for Android phones, not just Iphone. Seems strange to me it wouldnt be available for Android first?

Here are the esc's its compatible with:
    https://www.castlecreations.com/img/...rted%20ESC.pdf

evidently now its available for Android phones, not just Iphone. Seems strange to me it wouldnt be available for Android first?

Here are the esc's its compatible with:
    https://www.castlecreations.com/img/...rted%20ESC.pdf
    So...to sheet the Op's question, v the B-Link is NOT compatible with the marine ESCs.

So...to sheet the Op's question, v the B-Link is NOT compatible with the marine ESCs.

So much for that.. I saw where it listed the x8s but didn't designate the "Hydra" just assumed the units are the same aside from water cooling.

I've used it with X and X 8S and it works just fine. Not sure there's a true marine software version though.

True, I have not been able to view logged data, but for quick field changes it works.

Screenshot_20231024_142553.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

So much for that.. I saw where it listed the x8s but didn't designate the "Hydra" just assumed the units are the same aside from water cooling.
    Don't forget, the firmware is also different.

Don't forget, the firmware is also different.

Per Castle:

Uses the same base code, just changed some default settings. Brake and reverse are disabled by default, things like that.

It's based off the Monster X 8S. Same ESC internally.

Attached is an example from an RC car pulling data from the B-Link
    You can pull from it some peak values, which may be helpful but the traditional PC logs are much more powerful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

evidently now its available for Android phones, not just Iphone. Seems strange to me it wouldnt be available for Android first?https://www.castlecreations.com/img/...rted%20ESC.pdf
    They said that as castle link is for windows and not mac, they prioritised the iphone app so people in the apple ecosystem had something ASAP. Seems reasonable.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

B-Link works with the Hydra XLX2 and X8s ESC's. I've not bothered with it yet, personally.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Guess I'm wrong on the "not compatible" part. But, unless they've fixed the 'connectivity' problem (which they might have done), it still might not be worth the trouble. Either way, you're still better off with the regular Castle Link, as it, and the computer software, will always give greater functionality then the Android/iOS app.