Thread: Esc

Default Esc

Hi, so I bought a Dilwe 200A speed controller that has black and red wires sticking out of one side and 3 unmarked black wires sticking out of the other. Can anyone tell me is the middle one the ground? I can?t get any answers from amazon.
    Dilwe RC ESC, 200A ESC Dilwe RC ESC, 200A ESC
    Do something creative every single day!

Red & black are, obviously, the + & - for battery. The three black wires are for the brushless motor...and, since motors used will be non-sensored, doesn't really matter which on ESC is connected to which in motor. Just connect, and see which way motor shaft is rotation. If wrong direction, swap any 2 of the 3, and that will reverse the rotational direction.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Default The 3 wires

Isn?t there a neutral wire? I?ll be running a lot of juice and I just don?t want to randomly connect the wires.
    blair
    Do something creative every single day!

No, those are the three phase wires for the three motor phase plugs. There is no polarity like there is on the input side of the ESC.

Just do as panther said. Plug them into the motor in any random sequence, and if the motor runs the wrong direction, simply swap any two of the three wires.

This is how any brushless hobby motor works.