Thread: Zonda prop question

Default Zonda prop question

New HD 1 piece shafts being delivered today for my new Zonda. (First RC boat)
    Not exactly sure what prop came with it and not sure if the new shafts call for a new one, but I?m looking for suggestions for upgrades and sources.
    thanks

what do you want to do with the boat? top speed, lapping, bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bande1 View Post
    what do you want to do with the boat? top speed, lapping, bashing?
    Good question.
    Definitely not looking to break speed records. That seems to have a habit of blowing things up.
    Not sure what you mean by bashing but I just plan on running it fast enough to not go airborne or flip it.

ABC 1714 or Octura x442. These are mild props for what I'm guessing is a stockish 6S 2000kV setup. The ABC will be faster, the Octura will provide more lift and less likely to flip in comparison when used with a similar drive trim setup.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

in addition to the great recommendations already given, if they are out of stock or whatever, you can go to the speed calculator and find the total pitch you should be in to be fast but still conservative. then cross reference any prop from that. such as a prather S215, and M440 octura, ABC 1614-17-45 for low lift of the transom. or 1614 (or 1616) 10-50 for a more lifting. the 17-45 and 10-50 are ABC's rake and blade ratio. so higher rake such as 17-45 has a tighter thrust cone and because of that lifts less. ABC props are kind the way to go but often out of stock.