Thread: Self build jet outboard

Default Self build jet outboard

https://youtu.be/kYGZzhqawlA?si=kO_Yxs1lYvnpHFQv
    I developed these using some parts from my prop outboards. They are a copy of the full size version used on very shallow rivers.
    See photo below.

That is killer. I’ve seen some of the 1:1 outboard jets over here on the west coast of Canada

20220901_174627.jpg
    Glad you like it, I surprised myself at how well it worked, an element of luck.

20230924_120605.jpg
    I did all my development using my own 3d printed impellers of all different sizes and pitches. Then I had this one printed for me in China made from aluminium.
    It's brilliant, much stronger with less flexing which gives lower amps. I bought two, one for another engine fitted to an rib.

Quote Originally Posted by Returntohome View Post
    20230924_120605.jpg
    I did all my development using my own 3d printed impellers of all different sizes and pitches. Then I had this one printed for me in China made from aluminium.
    It's brilliant, much stronger with less flexing which gives lower amps. I bought two, one for another engine fitted to an rib.
    Mm, a screw design. Have you tried this yet?

So in the canal video it's a metal impeller, the other video it's my own plastic, so not a massive difference. The best thing is durability, no broken blades on the metal one. Pcb way is the company, I sent my file and 2 weeks later I was using them, great service. During the canal run the chamber split so water sprayed out, huge pressure in there. I am printing new parts at 100% fill to make it stronger. Also I didn't know the metal impeller was a bit loose, that's where the wear ring did its job of protecting the casing.