Thread: OSE CNC High Rake Series Props

Default OSE CNC High Rake Series Props

Team,
    Does anyone know the rake of these props?

Has anyone tried them?
    If you have, can you compare to an ABC prop?

Larry
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

They look to be about 17 degrees. they are actually pretty nice in person. They are ABC clones but have light CNC marks all around with a professional, or machine sharpened edge. They can cavitate from a start with some hulls especially if there is a bow heavy center of gravity. which is true for any de-tongued 1.6 pitch prop.

very much worth the $40 price tag not to have to sharpen or balance. They ought to be more popular and more pitch choices made.

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    Team,
    Does anyone know the rake of these props?

Has anyone tried them?
    If you have, can you compare to an ABC prop?

Larry
    They are all 1.6 pitch. You just decide which diameter you want between 40-50mm, so a 43mm diameter one would essentially be like the popular 1716 ABC prop. I have a couple of them, and so far they hold up better than the ready to run CNC ally props they sell. I keep losing blades easily on them

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    They are all 1.6 pitch. You just decide which diameter you want between 40-50mm, so a 43mm diameter one would essentially be like the popular 1716 ABC prop. I have a couple of them, and so far they hold up better than the ready to run CNC ally props they sell. I keep losing blades easily on them
    Just to be clear, you're loosing blades on the regular silver CNC props, and not the newer high rake versions?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I could have sworn I replied to you on this fweasel back in Sept, but my post is now gone if so. Yes, the high rake brass colored versions are much more like a normal prop in weight and feel and work fine for me. The CNC props are very thin and light and feels like you have aplastic prop in your hand.

I have thrown a blade off all three I have tried so far, two of them within one and three runs respectively. Its always the same failure mode of one blade snapping off clean from the hub. Others may have a completely different experience depending on what their setups and needs are, but they just cant hold up on my two models which are both 1900-2000Kv 6S setups. They may be just fine for lower RPM setups

I never intended for them to be in permanent use, but was hoping I could at least use them for some basic testing of which prop works best before replacing them with a proper one, but they dont hold up long enough for me to gather any real data

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    I could have sworn I replied to you on this fweasel back in Sept, but my post is now gone if so. Yes, the high rake brass colored versions are much more like a normal prop in weight and feel and work fine for me. The CNC props are very thin and light and feels like you have aplastic prop in your hand.

I have thrown a blade off all three I have tried so far, two of them within one and three runs respectively. Its always the same failure mode of one blade snapping off clean from the hub. Others may have a completely different experience depending on what their setups and needs are, but they just cant hold up on my two models which are both 1900-2000Kv 6S setups. They may be just fine for lower RPM setups

I never intended for them to be in permanent use, but was hoping I could at least use them for some basic testing of which prop works best before replacing them with a proper one, but they dont hold up long enough for me to gather any real data
    to be clear you mean the CNC props break, but not the brass ones?

Correct, at least for me as that's all I can report on. Others may have no problem at all with them. I've had no issues at all with the 2 brass colored high rake series props I have