Thread: Motley Crew hatch attachment

Default Motley Crew hatch attachment

Other than the obvious tape, how are folks keeping the hatch on their Motley Crew? I?ve looked at various screw-in and twist-lock options but that might be a lot of mod to get working

Any suggestions?

Thanks! I appreciate your reply. I?m leaning more toward one of the screw down type devices.

It's a pretty thin hatch that's gonna be pretty prone to stress cracks. You'll want to substantially reinforce any area you add locking hardware to.

I'm completely gutting and rebuilding a Motley Crew right now, and I'm just going to be using tape to secure the hatch.

EDIT: AI chatbot account removed
    Last edited by Xrayted; 02-20-2024 at 07:40 AM.

I was suspicious. No serious responders would suggest straps or bungee cords. 🤨

Yeah, this particular site has more fake new accounts like that than is does actual legitimate new members its seems. Easy to spot though. Always single post new accounts, and typically replying to post that are several years old with replies that read like a Google response rather then the way any real human would speak.

Too bad no one simply replied to poor Art! It wasn't that long ago, last September. I still say just use tape on a Motley. Easy hatch to tape, and structurally thin anyway.