Thread: Mad Lizard Stinger Strut Adapter Plate for SonicWake

Default Mad Lizard Stinger Strut Adapter Plate for SonicWake

I know I haven't posted anything in the SonicWake threads (or any OSE threads, for that matter) for quite some time. This is partly due to my mom passing a little less than 1.5 years ago, partly to an increase in work, partly because of preparations for moving, and so forth. Plus, since moving 9 months ago, I haven't even run any of my boats until 1.5 weeks ago.

Anyway, over 2 years ago, I bought a couple of Mad Lizard adapter plates for the SonicWake, which allows you to install TFL Stinger struts on a SonicWake. Unfortunately, other than obtaining the adapter plates, and purchasing a second SonicWake hull, the project never went any further...that is, until about 2 weeks ago, when I finally got around to ordering the stingers. Since I don't start work until 4:15pm today, I decided to spend a better part of my morning, and part of the early afternoon, completing the project on one boat.

Installation isn't all that difficult...although, you do need to cut down the stuffing tube, leaving only 1/4" remaining past the transom. I did have a little difficulty removing the Teflon tube from the stuffing tube, so was to cut that down, but in the end, it was me 1 - Teflon tube 0. Have to admit, I really like how it looks. Now, I just need a day off to go test it.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Last edited by Panther6834; 09-23-2023 at 01:46 PM.