Thread: Hifei Swordfish Baud rate sticky

Default Hifei Swordfish Baud rate sticky

I have seen it said many times across different threads, but something to note about the Futaba baud rate and Swordfish ESCs.

If the throttle endpoint is at 100% on the remote the swordfish ESC doesn't see max throttle although it will finish calibration. This leads to twin motors being out of sync and not reaching max throttle. The endpoint needs to be set to 120% on Futaba remotes.

An example of low baud rate is 440. Both ESCs will read slightly different numbers too, which causes twins to be out of sync.

The correct baud rate is in the 500 range. Both esc's will read the same and be in sync.

I have been meaning to say something to save someone the headache of troubleshooting an out-of-sync twin boat.

Hifei can fix it by rejecting the calibration, if it doesn't see the signal as strong enough to reach max throttle.

Swordfish have had issues with this since they first came out. I had assumed they had fixed it since some have been on v3 for years and I haven't used one since gen 1, but I guess not. Thanks for the info, shame they haven't been able to sort it, or their LVC issue, as HiFe have a good rep for car ESCs, but at leat there are decent alternatives at a similar pricepoint from Flycolour for us now
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I have had good luck with the swordfish esc's over the years. The older ones make more heat and the newer ones less. Haven't tried the flycolor esc's yet.