Thread: turnigy aquastar 240a problem

Default turnigy aquastar 240a problem

Hi, guys!

I have new turnigy aquastar 240a (copy of Swordfish 240A). When connected, motor does not work correctly. It is heated and works very slowly. Programming sounds are very strange and quiet.

I tried changing the timings and soft start settings but no change. Tried different motors with no change. I have calibrated several times.

What could be the problem?

Full throttle on video:

Are you sure you dont have a cold solder joint on one of the ESC side leads? The motor behavior and low or garbled motor tones is similar to what happens when you are missing one of the three phase connections due to poor connection of some sort. Shouldn't be on the motor connector side if so, as you say it does this on any motor.

I would start by reflowing the solder on all three of the ESC leads since its free and easy to rule out. Check the battery connections on both the ESC and lipo as well, especially if you have been using the same battery for all the testing

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    Вы уверены, что у вас нет холодной пайки на одном из боковых выводов регулятора оборотов? Поведение двигателя и низкий или искаженный тон двигателя аналогичны тому, что происходит, когда отсутствует одно из трехфазных соединений из-за какого-либо плохого соединения. Если да, то не должно быть на стороне разъема двигателя, как вы говорите, это происходит на любом двигателе.

Я бы начал с оплавления припоя на всех трех выводах ESC, так как это бесплатно и его легко исключить. Проверьте соединения батареи как на ESC, так и на липо, особенно если вы использовали одну и ту же батарею для всех тестов
    Yes, now I use temporary connections for convenience, but I have tested the power several times with different batteries and three motors. Unfortunately, the problem is not in the contacts.

Is it possible to check with a home multimeter if there is voltage in all three phases?

get a multimeter and turn it to ohms with alarm notice. touch any motor lead and the positive battery wire. do the same with the negative battery wire. if you have continuity the esc is bad. It has a blown mosfet.

By all means, you have 1 phase missing. Yes, you can hook up a DMM, turn to AC. You should see roughly teh same values on each leg if all is well.
    Don't ruin your motor, you can do it without a motor connected.

Bad ESC imho.

I soldered all the wires for accuracy but nothing changed. I also turned off the phases in turn, but the motor starts to work differently, even worse. So all three phases work.

Quote Originally Posted by jkflow View Post
    By all means, you have 1 phase missing. Yes, you can hook up a DMM, turn to AC. You should see roughly teh same values on each leg if all is well.
    I checked the phases with a multimeter in AC mode. All three phases give about 3v at full throttle at 3s.

I'm ready to open the ESC or take it in for repair, but I want to be sure it's not a software problem. Maybe some other test suggestions?