Thread: First timer

Default First timer

Hello everybody. I have been into rc for 25 years or more but this is my first boat. I purchased a pro boat sonic wake 36 V2. I bought 2 3 s batteries they are 100C 5000mah. I was justwondering about what batteries you can run in this stock boat. I have a lot of 5000mah 4s batteries. Can you run the 4s batteries in this boat. Thanks for reading. Any help would be appreciated

Yes, you can run 4S...but, you'll need to use a loop connector on one of the ESC's battery connectors, such as this one:
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...ARA390292.html

The SW can run 4S or 6S, which is usually done as two 2S or 3S...but, if you want to run a single 4S or 6S, with the loop connector, you can do that.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thank you for the help. The 2 3s lipo's will way out performe the 1 4s though right.

decent enough 6s batteries for $40

https://www.amazon.com/Nihewo-Batter...9499353&sr=8-5

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebert2756 View Post
    Thank you for the help. The 2 3s lipo's will way out performe the 1 4s though right.
    Yes, two 3S packs connected in SERIES for 6S will be higher voltage than a single 4S pack will, and therefore more RPM and speed. More Voltage is more voltage whether using one big single 6S pack vs two smaller 3S packs wired in series for a total of 6.