Thread: WTB Miss Geico 36 v2

Default WTB Miss Geico 36 v2

Looking to buy a miss geico 36 v2 in new or like new condition. Thanks.

Contact this seller, as he posted an ad recently for brand new one with a carbon inlay. It appears he has had a few inquiries, but possibly no actual deal completed yet

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...with-HRI-inlay

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    Contact this seller, as he posted an ad recently for brand new one with a carbon inlay. It appears he has had a few inquiries, but possibly no actual deal completed yet

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...with-HRI-inlay
    I?ve messaged him and had a deal in place and then he stopped messaging me. Guessing he received a better offer, but it sounds like he did the same thing to another person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, sorry, I didn't pay attention to the thread enough to see that you are one of the members that posted in his thread asking about it. It looks like the V2 model is already discontinued and starting to drop from the Horizon/Tower websites. Mostly only spare hulls available.

A-Main Hobbies is the online shop that handles the online ordering from HobbyTown USA which carries mostly Horizon products and typically has these in stock, and they have none in stock either so it looks like you are left with whatever items are left in stock in the various brick and mortar shops. Most dont dont seem to have any either, at least all of the ones I checked with a Google search on the product.

I live in the Atlanta GA area, and my HobbyTown USA in Kennesaw GA had one on the shelf a few weeks ago, but I dont think that any of the HTUSA shops will ship since that is handled through A-main, but it might be worth checking around to see if you can find one in stock at one of their locations. You might be able to negotiate a deal with them to direct ship if you make it worth their time to do so?

The good news is this typically means there is a possible V3 model on the way.

Good luck!

Thank you for the info. I don?t think there will be a v3 coming because Geico did not renew their sponsorship with the racing team so there is no such thing as a miss geico racing boat any more.

Do you have the phone number to your hobby store that had one in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1996 View Post
    I?ve messaged him and had a deal in place and then he stopped messaging me. Guessing he received a better offer, but it sounds like he did the same thing to another person.

That was me. I made an offer on behalf of a friend. Marley-Buster replied where I was located and that he'll get back to me with a quote. He never did get back to me and answered other inquiries from other members. I finally reached out to him to asked what's up and if he got me a shipping quote. He's answer was that he got a better offer which is fine but, he should have had the courtesy to let me know. So he got a better offer and I wished him good luck. . .to this day I believe it's still not sold. Personally, I don't like his attitude, his arrogance when he said " If you can find a better Miss Geico 36, buy it. ". . .he's got no clue at all that I can guarantee there's many MG36 much better than his. .and I think there are others who share my feelings. . .still I wished him luck as this forum is all about helping others and learning from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1996 View Post
    Thank you for the info. I don?t think there will be a v3 coming because Geico did not renew their sponsorship with the racing team so there is no such thing as a miss geico racing boat any more.

Do you have the phone number to your hobby store that had one in stock?

I dont, but just do a Google search for HobbyTown USA in Kennesaw GA, and their website and info should come up.

Default WTB Miss Geico 36 v2

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    That was me. I made an offer on behalf of a friend. Marley-Buster replied where I was located and that he'll get back to me with a quote. He never did get back to me and answered other inquiries from other members. I finally reached out to him to asked what's up and if he got me a shipping quote. He's answer was that he got a better offer which is fine but, he should have had the courtesy to let me know. So he got a better offer and I wished him good luck. . .to this day I believe it's still not sold. Personally, I don't like his attitude, his arrogance when he said " If you can find a better Miss Geico 36, buy it. ". . .he's got no clue at all that I can guarantee there's many MG36 much better than his. .and I think there are others who share my feelings. . .still I wished him luck as this forum is all about helping others and learning from one another.
    Yeah I?m not sure he said he was on vacation and I told him I would send the money when he gets back from vacation and is ready to ship. I haven?t heard from him since.
    Last edited by ryan1996; 07-17-2023 at 01:22 PM.

I have two Rio 51 boats with Fuji 28 engines. The started pull is the weak spot. Does anybody make a bolt on electric
    starter for this engine?