Thread: WhipLash 20 LSH 4S Hydro

Default WhipLash 20 LSH 4S Hydro

Hi guys. Never thought I'd sell this one, but times are tough. This is my Whiplash 20 in LSH trim. Hull and hardware only, as shown. It has won more races than I can count. Runs super smooth and turns on a dime. Built with West Systems exclusively and always well cared for. Boat was painted with Klass-Kote, finish sanded multiple times, wheeled out, and polished. It feels almost like gel-coat. You can get an idea of the finish by looking at the last photo of the bottom and how the light reflects. The green, letters, and pin striping are all vinyl. No leaks, no stripped screws, no non-sense. Just a great running, well-built LSH. $350 + shipping.

Here is a video of the boat running:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdvK4ohe-Yc

The bad: There are various miscellaneous minor scratches/scrapes. There are also a few touch-ups in gray primer on the bottom that I never got around to painting over. The nose cone was also repaired (properly, with glass cloth). See red arrows on all photos for defects.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shooter; 07-24-2023 at 04:28 PM.

More pics

more pics

What kind of Paint is the white? What motor works well?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Hi Jim. Klasskote primer and white top coat. I used the blue can Dynamite motor.

Bump. Price drop! I realize the price is high, but this truly is one of the best LSH boats I've ever raced. Thanks!

whats LSH?

Limited class racing. Limited Sport Hydro
    Nortavlag Bulc

what a beautiful boat you have built. great work and someone would will enjoy that one. I have seen some talk about klasskote paints and how good they are. I've been wondering where to find this paint and give it a try on another boat I'm building

Still available? What?s the new price? I just sank mine yesterday lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sank it? Oh no! Sorry, this one is long gone.

Bottom of a 8 foot deep lake sadly. I was doing some speed runs and it just nosed in at full speed (52) and never came up. I saw bubbles but no foam or hatch came up. I think it hit one of many underwater trees and cracked the canopy. I?m still trying to fish it out. But way too many trees I keep snagging under the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    Bottom of a 8 foot deep lake sadly. I was doing some speed runs and it just nosed in at full speed (52) and never came up. I saw bubbles but no foam or hatch came up. I think it hit one of many underwater trees and cracked the canopy. I?m still trying to fish it out. But way too many trees I keep snagging under the water.

twice this year that has happened at our club. both times the boat lost signal without a properly set fail safe. when it goes under and loses signal the motor stays on and pushes the boat into the mud. The first time the batteries ran out and the boat popped back up after 3-5 minutes. the second time, thursday this week, we were able to dredge the bottom and got the boat back.

IMG_20230914_130448.jpg
    IMG_20230914_131212.jpg

Don't give up hope! I remember a race years back where a boat that had sunk the previous day popped up in the middle of a heat the following day! It was unreal! What are the odds for it to pop up during a heat!

I went back the next day, trying to get it with a grappling hook. Got nothing but a bunch of tree branches and two crowbars lol. I have a feeling it may have popped up at some point after I left and maybe one of fisherman grabbed it. I like how you guys had a sweet set up with the boat dredging the lake.