Thread: Need an angled ( L shaped) 40 size mount to install

Default Need an angled ( L shaped) 40 size mount to install

a 4082 in my AVL 36, I have no room side to side and the original mount , I set the motor in the cf bracket and then epoxied it to the deck,, well i know now, wrong... so this time I am at a loss to find an adjustable mount for this thing.

Pictures please ? can't you remove the screws that are securing the motor to the motor mount .

tfl has those mounts from alu you can epoxy it in

bytheway look at the OSE website you find them

The challenge is tightening the side screws once the motor has the correct angle to the stuffing box. There is not enuf side room to tighten these up. Initially what I did was align the motor, tightened, then epoxied it to the deck... not quite thinking forward enuf what I have to do if the motor need replacing.
    the screws that hold the motor I can get to ok , it is the side screws that are the concern. TFL has, I see, a mount that can be bolted to the deck so that the motor is easily replaced, that is what I was looking for. Epoxying the mount to the deck was a beginner mistake...for this boat as it started out a nitro and did not need the side room other than what the plans call for. The "tunnel'' is only 3.5 inches wide. so instead of bolting the motor mount from the side , this mount allows me to bolt the motor in front as usual and then bolt the mount to the deck from underneath using flat screws with a 82 or 90 degree taper (counter sink) and nut on the inside. NO epoxy need to be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    Pictures please ? can't you remove the screws that are securing the motor to the motor mount .

thanks Koen,, But I need one with the face plate at a 10 degree angle to be able to adjust to the stuffing tube and has to be removable (bolted) if need be ...I done with epoxying this stuff in, at least on this hull. On my other hulls, the sub bases are epoxy but the mounts are bolted. I don't have room for a sub base. Remember this hull was a nitro boat 40 some years ago and I rehabilitated it to FE. Nothing fits , nothing was easy about mounting all the stuff in one 3.6" x 24" channel.. I got in a hurry to fly it and toasted new motor in some Lilly pods in my fav lake....typical of newbe mistakes.

I found this one and it claims to have 100 degree angle face plate to base. perfect.