Thread: hyperion emeter2

Default hyperion emeter2

Does anybody use one of these? A data logger for almost free.

HP-EM2-M.jpg
    https://hyperion-world.com/en/p1016154-hp-em2

There is talk on RCgroups website about it circa 2009 but it seems to have never caught on. ts ridiculously cheap. A guy in my club showed me his that he no longer uses because he has Castle ESC's but says they work great. The only caveat is the shunt is rated for 75A continuous, 150A for 30 seconds, and 300A for 5 seconds. I fear it may be a current choke point.

They're about $40 with shipping and all the cables (tach, temp x3, etc).

nobody? Apparently you can parallel the shunts and read 150A, 225A, 300A continuously depending on how many you put together. Each shunt is $5. come on now.

Modern built in ESC telemetry negated the need for bulky 3rd party devices years ago, so not surprised you dont have much traction on this discussion. That's a Walkman in a world of smartphones now
    Last edited by Xrayted; 07-01-2023 at 04:28 PM.

who has built in data logging besides castle and hifei?

the package showed up today. I think 3 days for shipping. Im jaw dropped impressed. I paid $36 for all this with shipping. the stuff it does is pretty exhaustive. built in tach, altitude, 3 temps sensors, tach wire, servo tester. It is a very NICE unit. I just ordered about 3 more....how can you not?!

IMG_20230701_154702.jpg

servo testing

IMG_20230701_155301.jpg

Easy, don't add to shopping cart and don't pay for it

I clicked on the link and it hung for a while so I closed it because of lack of trust.
    Nortavlag Bulc

It's a trustworthy site, try a different browser, but no need to worry. Bought plenty of items from them.

Thx
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray I have pics of it on my bench. But yeah I agree about it not seeming legit though. They are and also ship super fast.

you need an older SD car. I bought one and didnt work. I had an old camera unit that luckily works. so be aware of that.

this card should work

https://www.amazon.com/INDMEM-Memory...s%2C120&sr=8-4

You need the card to log and update. as well as all the help files. which all that is in this thread

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post49342557

purchase at least 2 RDU's and parallel them. They're $5 each. you will take a reading from either one and double that amps.

It is finally installed with all the sensors. there are 4 temp sensors. 1 ambient and 3 user defined. It dawned on me that I can run the wire outside the hatch and check temps without untaping the boat. The sensors are very good and sensitive on top of it.

IMG_20230707_133356.jpg

Here is two of the shunts paralleled together. I verified they are splitting the current readings almost 50/50. close enough anyway.

IMG_20230707_133429.jpg

Here's the live screen the shows temp A - ambient

IMG_20230707_133248.jpg

This thing is absolutely awesome, guys. I went ahead an ordered a whole bunch more shunts and wiring for other boats. So pumped to get it out and really test it.

a lot of firsts yesterday. First with new batteries, new motor, new boat, and emeter was put to the test.

2 shunts so multiply x2 for the figures in this pic

IMG_20230710_052844.jpg

found out real quick the batteries are absolute trash and fall to 3.36v within 10 seconds. Pushed my TP 4070 over 4000w very fast. But temps stayed reasonable albeit the boat was slow as heck at 54mph. quite disappointing. 3 temps sensors ran outside the taped hatch is awesome. this big boat is hard to tape so being able to see wire, motor, esc temps fast is a big plus. also found you can scroll through the logs and see a record for every 1/2 second recorded to grab precise measurements. being able to see your voltage drop in .5s resolution is very nice also.

2 shunts in parallel with 8awg wiring and a computer fan on them handled 1/3 oval course with 165A average and 220A peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bande1 View Post
    Does anybody use one of these? A data logger for almost free.
    Sorry I was late to the party replying here. I actually just bought a second entire setup. I bought my first one maybe in 2020/2021 and fell in love with it. yes, it's a bit large, but I can easily fit it into my Stealthwake 26" boat and lots of others. Only boat I can't fit it in is the Pro Boat Valvryn.
    I originally thought I would only use it a few times when I was setting up my custom build. But I have used it a LOT in all my boats whenever I change any thing, even new batteries, trim tabs, props, etc.
    This second one I just bought I'm in the process of updating the firmware. Hyperion's site only shows firmware to version 2.14, but there are 2 other updates out there, version 2.22 and 2.44 (according to RC Groups). My original EmeterII came with v2.22 firmware so I want to get this new one to the same version so everything is interchangeable.

Have fun with it! It's addicting to know so much about everything going on with your boat. Just add a GPS and you're all set!
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sciesielka View Post
    Sorry I was late to the party replying here. I actually just bought a second entire setup. I bought my first one maybe in 2020/2021 and fell in love with it. yes, it's a bit large, but I can easily fit it into my Stealthwake 26" boat and lots of others. Only boat I can't fit it in is the Pro Boat Valvryn.
    I originally thought I would only use it a few times when I was setting up my custom build. But I have used it a LOT in all my boats whenever I change any thing, even new batteries, trim tabs, props, etc.
    This second one I just bought I'm in the process of updating the firmware. Hyperion's site only shows firmware to version 2.14, but there are 2 other updates out there, version 2.22 and 2.44 (according to RC Groups). My original EmeterII came with v2.22 firmware so I want to get this new one to the same version so everything is interchangeable.

Have fun with it! It's addicting to know so much about everything going on with your boat. Just add a GPS and you're all set!
    not only is it a ton of fun Ive learned so much in the few weeks Ive taken it out. I have RDU's in every boat now and my hobby room wall looks like a hobby store with all the extra emeter sensors I picked up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bande1 View Post
    not only is it a ton of fun Ive learned so much in the few weeks Ive taken it out. I have RDU's in every boat now and my hobby room wall looks like a hobby store with all the extra emeter sensors I picked up. lol
    I love it!!!! I just move mine from boat to boat. So far, I only have single motor/single ESC boats with the largest being 6s. So I only had the one RDU. The second one I bought so I could have different connectors/plugs. One RDU has EC5s and the other has the OSE QS6 plugs.
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.