Thread: delays + extremely long response times from Andy Brown / CMDI-Racing, anyone else?

Default delays + extremely long response times from Andy Brown / CMDI-Racing, anyone else?

Hello,

its been a while since my last post on OSE, unfortunately today not the most positive one. I have an issue with a prop order from Andy Brown / CMDI racing, I must say usually I am a huge fan of his work and his props belong to the best out there. But waited VERY long for the order to come in with one prop being missing and another one with the wrong running direction and hub diameter.

Its been now 6 months to try to resolve things with numerous attempts to contact him via FB or eMail. Another friend of mine is waiting for his order much longer than that with full sum sent in advance.

Anyone else got similar experiences or has more information than me?

kind regards,
    Manuel

I don't have any experience with the seller in question...but, I have had the same type of experience with a few others. How I (and others) have "worked through" such situations depends, in part, on how the vendor was paid.

If the payment was handled through PayPal, it's usually (but NOT always) best to file a claim through PayPal's service. They will contact the vendor, giving them a certain amount of time to respond back. When going through PayPal service, do NOT ever contact the vendor directly, is respond directly to any contact coming from them...ALL correspondence during this process NEEDS to go through PayPal, as that helps PayPal make a determination. If payment was made through Google, the process is similar. However, even if payment was submitted through PayPal or Google, you always have the option of filing through your bank (ie. whomever used the actual card used). The downside to this process is that final resolution, and receiving a refund, can take a month, or (sometimes) longer.

If payment was 'direct' (ie. PayPal, Google, or any other payment system, was not used), then file a claim through the bank. Most card issuers will I'd an immediate credit while they are 'investigating'. If they find in your favor, the credit remains...and, if they find against you, then they take back the credit amount.

Whichever method is used, make certain you have ALL previous attempts saved (ie. all emails sent/received), as this is your 'evidence' to prove your case. Filming a claim against the vendor isn't meant to 'punish' them...it's meant to get them to properly fulfill their end of the agreement (ie. the purchase)...and, if they are unable, or refuse, to comply, them, is meant to help you recover the amount spent. By following this process, I have a 100% record of recovering my funds. On the reverse end, I once had someone file a claim against me (from an eBay auction for my old desktop computer). Thankfully, I had kept all correspondence in both directions, which proved that the claimant was lying, and eBay found in my favor.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Yep I know someone who waited for over two years to get a twin rigger kit from him. He seems to only look after US customers. He might make some good riggers etc, but is not good with customer service. Personally I would not do business with him from what I have seen. It'd be almost like doing business with Bill Oxidean.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Cool

It'd be almost like doing business with Bill Oxidean.

OMG, if I was Andy I?d sue you for malicious slander!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I know, it is a bit of a low blow. But hey, I am seeing some similarities, money paid, goods not delivered!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Yep I know someone who waited for over two years to get a twin rigger kit from him. He seems to only look after US customers. He might make some good riggers etc, but is not good with customer service. Personally I would not do business with him from what I have seen. It'd be almost like doing business with Bill Oxidean.
    Well, yeah thats a bit too extreme. I have bought stuff from Andy for well over a decade now, so at least I can state he does not scam people on purpose aka money paid but nothing delivered. But waiting times and communications seem to be on a downward slope and I dont understand whats going on?
    I've met Bill twice, he is certainly a special kind of character.

kind regards,
    Manuel

Okay, got a reply from Andy Brown. Seems we can work something out, hopefully I can leave a positive review in a couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelW View Post
    Well, yeah thats a bit too extreme. I have bought stuff from Andy for well over a decade now, so at least I can state he does not scam people on purpose aka money paid but nothing delivered. But waiting times and communications seem to be on a downward slope and I dont understand whats going on?

I've met Bill twice, he is certainly a special kind of character.

kind regards,
    Manuel
    'Ya Think ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqeMOzN8oA8
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono