Thread: TFL 1151 Electric Jet Racing Boat with Thruster ARTR

Default TFL 1151 Electric Jet Racing Boat with Thruster ARTR

Anyone have this boat ? many questions, well only one or two , can the jet prop be upgraded? I am looking for a platform to build a retriever boat.

Quote Originally Posted by paulejr View Post
    Anyone have this boat ? many questions, well only one or two , can the jet prop be upgraded? I am looking for a platform to build a retriever boat.
    Have one...and, yes, the impeller (is not a 'propeller') can be "upgraded". But, you have to understand what, specifically, the upgrade is, and what is does. The stock impeller is a 2-blade, with a high pitch (2.185", OSE part number cnc-2919250). It is designed to "push through" water at a (somewhat) high speed, but with less torque. The "upgrade" impeller is a 4-blade, with a pitch that, physically, is half that of the 2-blade...but, because it's a 4-blade, the listed pitch is identical (2.185", OSE part number cnc-2919450). It's designed to push water through at a lower speed, but with more torque. Or, maybe I've got these two backwards...brain is a bit "out of whack" right now.

The point is, the actual end-performance of both impellers is about the same. It's been a couple years since I tested them back-to-back...but, to the best of my recollection, the boat's performance was about the same. On the 'plus' side, Steve (ie. OSE) does sell them...and, he has both impellers in-stock right now.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Got it. I am guessing you used a 11.2 volt battery? I have a couple of G2's and will use just one at 3s , at 50c (huh) 22.4 v 5000 mah. do you remember what power you used on it? I believe the rpm at around 61,570 minus the slippage. sounds a bit high? hmmm , 11.2 v 50c , 5000 mah , 3s about half that ... the ESC rated at 120A. I will leave the impeller alone for now...

I run 3S & 4S. With other boats, going from 3S, to 4S, typically causes a sizable speed increase...but, 4S doesn't give it any huge speed increase over 3S, so just be aware of that.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Good info. Thanks. I decided to get this used one and set it up for a retreviral boat. The stock drive train should be enuf with what I have for a battery.

Good info. Thanks. I decided to get this used one and set it up for a retreviral boat. The stock drive train should be enuf with what I have for a battery.
    That's exactly what my intended purpose was for it when I ordered it. Unfortunately, having no reverse, using it as such was impossible (however, they do have a reverse upgrade). Additionally, the moment you let off the throttle, you also instantly lose steering, as the jet stream is part of the steering. But, used just for fun, is a blast. I've even gone so far as to try and purposely flip the boat...and, I've been unable to.

Got it. I am guessing you used a 11.2 volt battery? I have a couple of G2's and will use just one at 3s , at 50c (huh) 22.4 v 5000 mah. do you remember what power you used on it? I believe the rpm at around 61,570 minus the slippage. sounds a bit high? hmmm , 11.2 v 50c , 5000 mah , 3s about half that ... the ESC rated at 120A. I will leave the impeller alone for now...
    The unit is rated for 25k rpm!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

So, then , a couple of trip A's ought to do the trick....

So, then , a couple of trip A's ought to do the trick....
    Only if you only want 15 seconds of runtime...lol

Humpf.....