Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice on 1300mm 12s twin cat setup... NEED FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gottagobig1198 View Post
    This might sound stupid in regards to drilling out a prop to accommodate larger shafts but to those that seem to think its an impossible task... How do you think they get made? I mean sure if you start with billet you have to start with center but when you start casting like most props are you do need to drill that hole correct?
    the holes are cast into it and then cleaned up

PS, great customer service

There isn't enough hub thickness to ever make a 3/16 into a 1/4. If someone ever does that prop will split and fly apart at speed.
    Having said that the perfect prop starts with abc. The tp 5850 might be a little light duty for that workload.

Not to create a bunch of drama? however it is possible to drill props out.

As everyone knows X465 are 3/16.

These are drilled to 1/4 and ran on my 1.85mph twin at 100mph+

One set are a bit rough the other solo (lost the LH prop of the set) are perfect.

rbFTaro.jpg0UI1Ybr.jpg
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

I do believe no one said one could not drill out a 3/16 to 1/4 '' prop hub. I do believe the consensus is cheaper to buy a mod drive shaft rather then take the risk of off-center axis alignment of the drill that will cause the prop to wabble. Some of y'all could get away with drilling off hand with a hand drill and get pretty close, but an out of balance prop is going to be a real problem and the tools to get an accurate (with in thousands of an inch tolerance) hole could be spendy for those NOT equipped to do this kind of hobby work. Anyone can drill a hole, not everyone can be accurate enuf to match factory production.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12