Thread: Had to go for a swim the other day..

Default Had to go for a swim the other day..

So I know you should never go swimming to get a boat but didn't have many options. My son and I went kayaking with our boats. His an eco mini ( tenshock design hull made by ecomaster). Mine is a deltaforce mini sniper. His is a hummingbird, 0-45 in like 2 seconds and turns on a dime. This unfortunately caused it to submarine from time to time. He musta throttled it while submarining and went full throttle into the muck at 10ft. I waited a minute for it to resurface but had to get in the 60? water and dive down to search for it. Took awhile, water was murky, luckily boat is yellow and finally found it buried 4" in muck 10ft down. Probably was a real bad idea but put a lot of work into it. I'm a strong swimmer and a licensed diver so I didn't feel in any danger. Gonna start bringing a mask from now on though.
    Not sure this google drive video is sharable but maybe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yw...w?usp=drivesdk

Let me know if video is accessable.

says I need access request. I dont blame you. I lost my first ever boat back in march. come to find out a month later it was only 3ft deep where it flipped and eventually sank. I get it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yw...w?usp=drivesdk

Thanks! I updated the access, thought I had done that.
    My son is 9 and he was none to happy with losing that boat, he is very proud of it.

Very easily could have lost his dad for a toy boat. should have bought him a new one . Just say"n. Be safe.
    J.

Not so easily but I can appreciate the danger. We swim in there all the time, not much different.

Been swimming since my Mom popped me out LOL. Been on both Coast's, Gulf and lakes, even jumped off a 50 ft cliff, worst thing that happen was getting sting by a JellyFish ouch. Take swimming lessons and learn how to float and your good to go. I'm also Scuba certified just in case.

We've lost strong swimmers to our silly boats. That's why people may give you grief. Not bagg'n on ya. I grew up in the water too so I get it. I ran out in 45 degree water up to my chest for one. Really dumb in hind sight.

Not sure if it's the boats themselves that cause trouble. Some degree of panic maybe. Like...."oh no...oh no.......it's sink'n!!". Then they swim out like Mike Phelps instead of how they swim normally. Get winded. Freeze up. I don't know why it happens. Every few years there's a new horror story. I just tell people not to do it when it comes up. I hate to think of people taking risks for one of these glorified toys.
    Noisy person

Thanks for the advice..it was taken as such and not in a negative way. I remained quite calm.

The last time I swam for my Mono-1 was in the cold autumn, it was at the risk of my life. Since that time I decided to build a rc boat rescure for my boats and now I don't know any problems

No rescue boat was gonna pull my son's boat outa the muck 10ft down, need a rescue sub! I usually bring a kayak for rescue, little good this time.

That rescue fan boat is great, I started to build one then lost my momentum.

Super sad occurrences. I don't want to argue my circumstances were different and sound like I'm making excuses but my swim was less than 30 ft from shore. If it had been much further I definetly would have let it go. I guess I should have kept this to myself, thought it was a funny story but it has touched too many nerves. I can promise I will be careful in the future. Thanks for all the concern.

Any hobby can be dangerous and a man has to know his limitations. I've seen a 3D helicopter pilot almost take his head off and read about another guy died from getting hit. Even getting hit by an RC car can break your leg. You can always take a life jacket just in case.