Thread: Pro Boat UL-19 porpoising issues?

Default Pro Boat UL-19 porpoising issues?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a porpoising issue on my UL-19. This happens when i'm at lower speeds below WOT. At WOT it will plane out and I'm getting top speeds in the low 50 mph range which is fine, I'm not trying to max it out any more. But the porpoising issue happens from start to about 35 mph. From 35 to 50 it's flat and smooth. But I would like to plane out sooner or at lower speeds because the hopping risks flipping over. I would post a video but it won't take it? Here's a link to FB. With the Vids. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100038544017586
    My boat set up right now is:
    OSE Raider 6s 150 Amp Esc
    Spektrum 2050Kv motor
    Product ID: cnc-4216350
    Stock Prop
    or

CNC 4216 1.6 Pitch 3 Blade Cleaver Prop
    or
    CNC Prop 4519 45mm 1.9pitch 3/16 bore 7075 (LH) ? 1
    2 Zeee 11.1V 50C 3000mAh 3S Lipo Battery for 6S operation

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RMac; 05-23-2023 at 01:16 PM. Reason: correction on the link to video

its because its not planed out and the front is too light. once it planes the front is being driven down sufficiently. try moving the batteries forward. if that doesnt work try adjusting the strut down. (I think down, Im far from an expert).

Hydroplanes aren't really designed to go slow. Also your motor is going to run hotter not running at full throttle. You can try adjusting your strut and see what happens i guess. Looks like you added some stuff to your UL-19 that may have thrown the balance of your boat off so I'm not sure what to tell you. Out of curiosity what are the things on the end of your cooling hose outlets.

It might be a CG issue after all. I added 2 2.57 oz water pumps on either side of the stuffing tube and a 5 oz temp gauge behind them. I also moved the steering servo to the back if the boat to make more room. To counter that weight I cut the front battery stops out and I put the two 3s 5000Mah batteries all the way forward. When I measure the CG it still comes out about even or and inch behind the rear of the front sponson. It seems these UL-19s do not like any weight in the back of the boat. I'll put a pic of the boat with those mods above. And the things on the cooling outs are flow adjusters to even the water flow out of the 3 outputs. 1 on the motor and one on each side of the ESC and wires. Boat runs very cool usually below 100?. And cools when not moving.
    Last edited by RMac; 05-16-2023 at 10:05 AM.

You also added the cross wing on the back and the Turbine cover. How much do those weigh? What's the turbine exhaust tube made out of? You added a lot to that boat .

My UL-19 won't go over 13 mph, motor sounds like at 30% rpm.. is there a way to adjust the esc using the TX or do i have to buy a program card for this.. or what am i missing . running 3sx2- in series , 5000mah, 3861 at 2000kv ( all factory stock or recommended for this boat) only thing i changed is I took off the 43mm prop and put on a Dasboata 1516 and then swapped it for an Octura 38mm at 1.6 p. huh. Could the 38mm prop be caveating as i get NO rooster? None of the props got me over 14mph.

Quote Originally Posted by paulejr View Post
    My UL-19 won't go over 13 mph, motor sounds like at 30% rpm.. is there a way to adjust the esc using the TX or do i have to buy a program card for this.. or what am i missing . running 3sx2- in series , 5000mah, 3861 at 2000kv ( all factory stock or recommended for this boat) only thing i changed is I took off the 43mm prop and put on a Dasboata 1516 and then swapped it for an Octura 38mm at 1.6 p. huh. Could the 38mm prop be caveating as i get NO rooster? None of the props got me over 14mph.
    dude wtf you just went through this with the zonda....

I was about the say the same thing! Paule, is this not the exact same thing we just helped you solve on your twin cat with the backward throttle signal? It certainly sounds like your forward throttle is actually reverse again, which runs very slowly just like the other boat you just got working properly with the exact same symptoms

Yea, but i was trying to bind the tx to the wrong rx that i swaped to test... once over looked the simpler things.. ugh. So today i discovered the error , rebound the correct tx to the rx and bingo ... reversed the tx and still had low rpm on full thtl, but i now had full rpm on reverse.. yep , i went back and reviewed posts on the zonda , went over the programing lingo in the manual and manage to get the UP-19 screamin' in fwd ... phew .... thanks for hangin in there. Now I can focus on the U1 AVL wood boat ... oh I got the right tx and rx in it ... thanks again y'all! Now i go scare the bejebes out of some Canadian geese that moved in on MY lake .....

Glad you got it sorted!

Sorted and how, w/44x1.9 CNC prop on near glass it got 59.1 mph. three times dumped it on chop when the breeze came up ..
    my home health care worker got her Kyaka out and after the first time she just sat in the middle of the oval i was running ..she also got a video but has not sent and will post when it becomes available Again thank you! God Bless and Happy Trails !
    IMG_20230604_110255115_HDR (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by paulejr View Post
    Sorted and how, w/44x1.9 CNC prop on near glass it got 59.1 mph. three times dumped it on chop when the breeze came up ..
    my home health care worker got her Kyaka out and after the first time she just sat in the middle of the oval i was running ..she also got a video but has not sent and will post when it becomes available Again thank you! God Bless and Happy Trails !
    IMG_20230604_110255115_HDR (1).jpg
    dang your boats are all finally working! thats moving pretty good.

Here the video of the 58.1 mph run. short but ohhhh sooooo sweeeeet for me, here on my 74 birthday today.
    https://youtu.be/E4gEIUiEzFc

Happy Birthday!!!