Thread: Campbell CA RC Boating Club

Default Campbell CA RC Boating Club

We have an informal club that runs at Campbell Perc Pond #2 in Campbell CA (near San Jose).
    If anyone lives in the San Fran area, let me know and I can add you do our club email distribution list.
    ///////////

We had an action filled day boating at Campbell today.
    Here's my 1/10 scale Miss Bardahl shovelnose racing against Rob's 1/12 Miss Budweiser (can select HD)

http://youtu.be/t-xHoSl9w90

Here's a mixed class Gas (1/8 Miss Budweiser) vs. Nitro, vs. 2 electrics, with plenty of carnage... Peter was running his InsaneFE30 on 6s. Was crazy fast while it was upright on the water. (can select HD)

http://youtu.be/4v4ExCH5br0

James Davis has his Insane FE 30 hydro almost ready, with some REALLY nice custom metal work-- integrated motor mount, floor support, servo mount, and suffing tube box (see attached pics). This will be a nice boat to run in the p-spec limited hydro class.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome! Thanks for posting the videos, very nice. Brings back a lot of memories for me. I used to run out there in 1977-1980s with Gary and Joel Johnson and NAMBA time trials in the larger pond.

Cheers, Thompson
    Cheers, Thompson
    1/10 1954 Breathless U-22, Tahoe Yacht Club | 1/16 1958 Dumas Thiftway Too, built in '92

I was in the Marine Modelers with Gary Johnson back in those days and we even ran a Deep Freeze warmup race on the #2 pond before the racing season started.
    After a hiatus from rc for health reasons I am building a Slingshot gas rigger.
    In the meantime I'm running a twin FE Cheetah at Campbell. Drop me a note if you all go out. Maybe we can meet up.