Thread: Castle Hydra + castle futaba telemetry link + external receiver pack + 7PXR

Default Castle Hydra + castle futaba telemetry link + external receiver pack + 7PXR

Trying to setup telemetry using the above titled components and I?m not getting results. Setup is according to castle instructions minus the external wire setup; it?s plugged into channel 2.

I run an external pack, I?ve clipped the red wire leading to the s.bus as well as the red wire to the throttle input, channel 2.

Does anyone know if I have to run the bec if using telemetry?

Instructions say to plug the connector with white wire to sbus port. You also have to enable live link on the esc. Also, you may have to program the telemetry link to set channel 2 for throttle if not already done, they come default to channel 3.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Once you get that set, go into telemetry setting in transmitter and you'll have to select the castle module for channels 8-16 I think.

Pm me if you want and I can walk you through. I've had mixed results though, x8s isn't giving accurate readings, xlx2 seems ok.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    Instructions say to plug the connector with white wire to sbus port. You also have to enable live link on the esc. Also, you may have to program the telemetry link to set channel 2 for throttle if not already done, they come default to channel 3.

The castle instructions were written for the 7PX; the 7PXR has a different -unofficial- setup.

I’ll call castle on Monday to see what the deal is for the PXR. I’m curious if telemetry can function if not using the bec.
    Thanks for your help Oscar.

Are you using a pxr or px?

Quote Originally Posted by jingalls007 View Post
    The castle instructions were written for the 7PX; the 7PXR has a different -unofficial- setup.

I?ll call castle on Monday to see what the deal is for the PXR. I?m curious if telemetry can function if not using the bec.
    Thanks for your help Oscar.

Are you using a pxr or px?
    Px.

Just to check, what receiver are you using and you do have telemetry turned on?? It's on the screen where you link the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    Just to check, what receiver are you using and you do have telemetry turned on?? It's on the screen where you link the receiver.
    I
    R334sbs-e and R334sbs. They’re Super Response receivers that can’t utilize telemetry and the SR mode simultaneously. I don’t use SR mode.