Thread: Record Trial, Flint MI, May 20, 21. Backup date May 27, 28.

Default Record Trial, Flint MI, May 20, 21. Backup date May 27, 28.

All IMPBA classes for SAW and 1/3rd Oval, 8am-dark. Come and go any time, flat $25 to register, run as often as time permits.

We will cancel and go to the backup date by 6pm on Thursday, May 18th if the weather looks bad, check here for updates.

Map of Thread Lake, we're at the north end of Orville St., north of McKinley Park:

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9974...0889,16z?hl=en

Gonna try the Best Western in Davison:

https://www.expedia.com/Flint-Hotels...Plan=204632961

Here's some pix from past events:

https://www.intlwaters.com/media/alb...ry-keeley.162/

See ya there!

With our goofy weather it will probably snow.
    Noisy person

Got my eye on it , see if the stars line up
    SRI / IMPBA 20279S

We are GO for this weekend, see you there!

We got it all set up today, site looks great. A huge thank you to Doug and Dave Murany, they dragged a huge steel I-beam up and down our laneway and smoothed it out real nice!

Attended the Time Trials today in Flint. Still a fantastic site as I remembered from when I was last here some 13 years ago. Terry and Dave Murany put on a great day (though I had to cut my day short). Very slight breeze with some larger bumps in the backstraight. Water was looking to lay down later this afternoon - early evening. Captain Keeley patiently waiting for the right water conditions before even taking his boat out!

I did manage a few runs to collect some data for the Fall event - nothing to really report other than Terry is also an accomplished salvage man in the retrieval boat 'fishing' my Q Rigger prototype from the murky bottom deep off the point buoy (5) when it took on water and slipped beneath the surface before he could get there. Obviously not enough flotation. I did manage to run my KEPs oval P Hydro for a couple R-L passes which the sensors didn't catch either time, but onlookers figure between 90-100mph - not bad for the KEPs oval boat with rear weighted design with a prop change and slightly higher Kv motor than the pure oval set-up. It might need a 'tailfeather' to give it a chance to be clocked.

Best of luck this evening, and tomorrow as I head to Ford Field in Shelby Township to the MMEU #2 FE race FE tomorrow to rub paint with the guys there.

I'll re-load with some new designs and come back in the fall. Thanks to Murany's for all the conversations, the Preusse's, and also to Mike Ball who dropped around to watch and left after my Q boat calamity. Not too many images, hopefully Terry or others can post some more when they finish up and get home next week.Staging-87.jpg
    Reesor Boat Works

Reesor Boat Works

Reesor Boat Works

Reesor Boat Works

Reesor Boat Works

[attach=config]177015
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reesor Boat Works

Staging-94.jpg

Great location for Time Trials - large body of water with good run-up distances for straightaway runs. Looking forward to the fall.
    Reesor Boat Works

Was good to be back, the site looked great, some lily pads close to the shore but not bad at all. A huge thank you to Doug and Dave Murany for all their help, the site has a new address, "100 Murany Way". Thanks again to the F.A.S.T crew, without you guys these events just wouldn't happen.

Was good to see Steve Reesor back running boats, as well as Dave and Jeff Preusse, they had a beautiful new FE 1/8 Scale they were working on. Mike Ball came out and put some laps on his 40 hydro and Dave Murany ran 80.300 mph (2.802 sec) with a new 20 hydro, very impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OReAeHPJl8