Thread: Prop recommendation !

Default Prop recommendation !

I have a Seaducer 30" hull. I'm using a Leopard 3660 2050kv motor, hobby wing 180amp speed controller and a 4s 5000ma battery. I would like it to be fast but I'm more concerned with reliability. I would appreciate any suggestions on props. Thanks

try TFL props from offshore electric. They're $10 each so you can get 2 for the price of one octura or abc. I really like the 43mm. I also have the 1450 it flies but thats a tad big for the boat probably. Makes my boat erratic and hop out of the water from sheer torque roll. The 40mm one is also worth buying to run 6s if you plan to do that. just keep the props smaller and watch your temps.

another good one in stock (lot of props out of stock....like all 42mm) is the prather S220 stainless steel 43.7mm 1.5 pitch. Any prop in the 42-45mm range should be good. Generally you're supposed to keep pitch lower with mono hulls but my octura x640 (1.6 pitch 40mm dia) actually is the best and most stable prop for my 27" hull. might be a tad small for your boat though.

a really great tool for all this is offshore electrics prop calculator. you can see what props are giving you what approximate top speeds. even a large prop like a 45mm 1.6 pitch with that motor on 4s is going to maybe at best get 58mph or so. to actually go real fast you have to go to 6s. with 6s a 42mm 1.6 pitch will get you about 80mph.

Default Thanks for the input

[QUOTE=Bande1;767907]try TFL props from offshore electric. They're $10 each so you can get 2 for the price of one octura or abc. I really like the 43mm. I also have the 1450 it flies but thats a tad big for the boat probably. Makes my boat erratic and hop out of the water from sheer torque roll. The 40mm one is also worth buying to run 6s if you plan to do that. just keep the props smaller and watch your temps.

another good one in stock (lot of props out of stock....like all 42mm) is the prather S220 stainless steel 43.7mm 1.5 pitch. Any prop in the 42-45mm range should be good. Generally you're supposed to keep pitch lower with mono hulls but my octura x640 (1.6 pitch 40mm dia) actually is the best and most stable prop for my 27" hull. might be a tad small for your boat though.

a really great tool for all this is offshore electrics prop calculator. you can see what props are giving you what approximate top speeds. even a large prop like a 45mm 1.6 pitch with that motor on 4s is going to maybe at best get 58mph or so. to actually go real fast you have to go to 6s. with 6s a 42mm 1.6 pitch will get you about 80mph.[/QUO