Thread: Sonicwake 36 v2 included grease

Default Sonicwake 36 v2 included grease

I really REALLY love the included marine grease that came included with the sw36v2 I recently purchased from ose. I've been using a marine grease I purchased at the auto parts store but after using the grease that came with my sw36v2 my stuffing tube no longer experience heat. It's extremely thick and gooey. The auto parts store grease is super thin.

Does anyone know if this included grease is the same as the proboat marine grease that's sold at my local hobby shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Woohoo\o/ View Post
    I really REALLY love the included marine grease that came included with the sw36v2 I recently purchased from ose. I've been using a marine grease I purchased at the auto parts store but after using the grease that came with my sw36v2 my stuffing tube no longer experience heat. It's extremely thick and gooey. The auto parts store grease is super thin.

Does anyone know if this included grease is the same as the proboat marine grease that's sold at my local hobby shop?
    I?ve been running this grease on all my boats, never had issues.
    2-4-C Quicksilver Marine Grease with Teflon 802859Q1 From Mercury marine, great stuff

https://youtu.be/TulZbSKQ3jE
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

That's what I've been using lol it's not bad at all but I noticed no heat all when using the included mystery grease. Could also mean my stuffing tube has a more aggressive bend than your stuffing tube. I'm gonna assume you have a custom build. Some of these mass produced rtr boats aren't built with the love and care that we hobbyists give. That being said my stuffing tube on my sw36v2 looks really good with a gradual bend.

Today I purchased "Lucas red & tacky" grease. Gonna give her a go tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

As far as I can tell it appears to be the same as proboat marine grease. Works fine in all my boats but I replace it after every run.

I was doing some research on grease ratings and it's consistency. NGLI 1 has a consistency of ketchup so it's more in the semi-fluid range. The red and tacky I purchased is rated #2 also in semi fluid so basically what comes in that little plastic jar with the sw36v2 is in the peanut butter consistency and is what I'm seeking. It doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere trying to locate this stuff so I'll just stick to red & tacky for now. I've tried the proboat marine grease but it's not as thick as the mystery grease.

Interesting. Have you tried contacting Horizon support to see what it is?

Almost a week ago. No response.

I've always used the blue Dynamite Marine Grease and it works great. I also add a few drops of oil from an old Dura Lube pump bottle I have to mix the two lubricants in the teflon tube. Slick as snot on a door knob.

I doubt this Dura Lube is available anymore (IDK) but it's what I had in my garage. My stuffing tube is never warm.

When not running/in storage, I put the flex shaft into a plastic straw (sitting upright in a tall plastic cup) partially filled with Dura Lube with one end of the straw plugged and soak the flex shaft in the oil. I have all my flexes soaking in oil since last winter.

That's a great idea.

I also learned that you can thicken grease with simple soap. Yeah soap.

Response from proboat:

"Thank you for contacting us.
    The closes stuff you will is the thick marine grease they use on full size boats it it is thick and the best stuff I have seen has a blue/green tint to it."

https://www.amazon.com/Sta-Lube-SL31...a-434911612941

Gonna give it a shot.