Thread: Upgrade for Zonda CF 42 props

Default Upgrade for Zonda CF 42 props

Before, yep , I spend too much and don't get the results i am looking for, would anyone recommend props for this boat, Zonda 42 CF over factory stock?

4092KV 2140 Motor x2180Amp ESC x2 (Sea King) One piece shaft φ4.76 Stinger Drive System ,2 Blade 40mm Alu CNC propellers.

What results are you looking for?

stock 40mm ~ 65mph
    CNC 44mm ~ 75mph
    ABC 1715 ~ 85 mph
    dasboata for 100+, you can contact him here on the forum

jkflow, I would think, to get quicker acceleration vs top end for oval racing. seems to me the quicker one can get away from the turn, that much further ahead of the competition would be better ? not sure as the Zonda stock can hit over 100 now. but for racing M course , depending on the distance from turn buoy to the next turn . I don't know, not like a drag race where one needs ( to try ) to top out at the trap. Not sure how much is critical in scale or sport vs full size, somethings not so critical in scale and something are critical in scale vs full size . yes?
    Last edited by paulejr; 04-09-2023 at 04:49 PM. Reason: miss sp

Just my opinion . The Zonda isn't really a boat for oval racing. I may be wrong . I would think the boat is a bit narrow for the turns and prone to rolling over is you take them to fast . I own one with Dasboata props on it. If you go with aftermarket props you're going to need to change out the flex shafts.

Heck no, not a good oval racer and you have been watching too much Youtube
    Listen to what they are saying, 'stock electronics' get you to the 100+ range. Out of the box it will do 60ish.

Try the props above and see how they work out for you, I can't tell what you are trying to accomplish, and acceleration over top speed doesn't help you from flipping over in sharp turns.

Love my Zonda but it's not an official racer by any means.

Do you have a number for the Dasboata props you run> and yes i have the flex shaft upgrade in the mail . Not impressed with the two piece maintenance process...

Do&nbsp; you have a number for the Dasboata props you run&gt; and yes i have the flex shaft upgrade in the mail . Not impressed with the two piece maintenance process...<br><br>

Just contact him through his website and tell him you want the Zonda Super props. Don't know what he is using as a baseline.
    What are you getting, and what do you want?
    These props will get you above 100mph, BUT there is a lot more to it as well. You will most likely just flip and break stuff.

What batteries are you running, and where do you keep the CG?
    What speed are you getting now?

http://dasboata.com/?i=1

jkflfow,
    I just got the boat and was going thru all the mechanical/electrical stuff to double check the factory install. I was looking to get ahead of the curve by sorting out a better set of props as the claim is , as is will top 100 mph.. seems in doubt at the moment. Using Admiral 5000mah 6s 22.2 volt . CG is about just aft of amidships. Have not got the chance to test the factory setup yet. I had to work out the batteries as they did not want to fit in the factory's configuration. I understand about flipping this thing so I am approaching it with great caution once in the water.

I've listed several props with rough speed estimate earlier. Start with those and work your way up.
    Once you have about 100 runs in, consider going above 90mph, else it's pure luck. You need runtime on the water and get a feel for the boat first.

I can confirm a TFL Zonda will do over 100mph completely stock, but with Dasboata props.. I ran mine last Sunday in a little 650ft pond and it did 102mph with no issues. This was the third time it had ever been in the water. I could only get 3.5 seconds of throttle and didn't get anywhere near full throttle, I just ran out of space too quickly. On a larger lake where I can get to full throttle I have no doubt it will do at least 115 to 120mph on calm water. It has Seaking 180's and SSS 4082 motors with 2170kv, running on two CNHL 6000mah 6s packs. In the picture of the interior you can see how far forward I have the packs, completely off the battery trays to get more weight forward. It runs pretty wet until you get to around 80 or 90mph then it starts to plane nicely. I have the struts set dead parallel to the last ride pad with no up or down angle at all. This isn't a lightweight boat, with dual layer Carbon/Kevlar construction with White gelcoat on top of that, though I think the weight helps stability with speedruns and that's what I mainly bought this boat for.. Also worth noting is I ordered the boat directly from TFL and had to wait 4 months for it, but its worth it as it comes with the one piece shafts and other little things that the Zonda's you can get from Aibaba for cheaper dont have. The point is the boat is seriously fast with the Dasboata props on it, and does over 100mph effortlessly on 6s. I have a good video of the run, I'll try to post it up here tonight
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks everyone for the reply's, the prop info is a good starting point for me and the boat by Nortoriousone gives me more confidence that i can get this thing up and running. I look forward to seeing the video of it at speed.

Link to the video.. I have another one where it did 103mph but it was in the sun and has so glare its hard to see anything, this video was on an overcast day so easier to see
    https://youtu.be/-veVnY5RdGs
    Also a couple pics of the Daboata Zonda props I use
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for sharing the video, seemed pretty stable , where did the cg end up? I contacted dasboata,now just to be patient and wait for it !

It was very stable with no issues, the CG is around 45% forward of the stern, instead of the usual 33%
    I only have the batteries this far forward for speedruns, for general running I would set the batteries a lot further back towards the rear so the boat will plane at lower speeds. As I run the boat more I'll gradually move the batteries further back for speeedruns as well to try to get to the sweet spot of speed vs. controllability