Thread: Black Pearl P Sport build pics post 1

Default Black Pearl P Sport build pics

Thanks Pete for all the help and for designing a great boat! My first real boat build other than a Dumas tunnel years ago.
    Last edited by ifly65; 04-08-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Absolutely gorgeous! Nice graphics!! ....and you know I'm partial to that cowl. I think it looks great! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous! Nice graphics!! ....and you know I'm partial to that cowl. I think it looks great! ��
    Thanks Shooter! The cowl makes it thats for sure, along with that cool logo you sent me on the rear sides.
    Last edited by ifly65; 04-09-2023 at 04:11 PM.

I'm glad you like the decals. They pay homage to the old MFG boat logo. Things in the 60's/70's were just so much cooler!

Hello James
    I little motor cooling advice.
    The water outlet from the motor going overboard, should be at the top of the rear of the motor. Highest point possible.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Hello James
    I little motor cooling advice.
    The water outlet from the motor going overboard, should be at the top of the rear of the motor. Highest point possible.

Larry
    Thanks Larry Ill fix that before I go out again. I have since done a better job on C.G. and I fixed a minor pushrod rudder issue.

Where are you getting the Black Pearl boat kits? i have searching on the net, but have not found them. Want to build a hydro kit.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5 Outboard View Post
    Where are you getting the Black Pearl boat kits? i have searching on the net, but have not found them. Want to build a hydro kit.
    Post # 3 above.
    You have to talk to Shooter. (Pete)

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by ifly65 View Post
    Thanks Pete for all the help and for designing a great boat! My first real boat build other than a Dumas tunnel years ago.
    A beautiful build 4 sure! Did you have to tape over the cowl decal or was it removed before paint?
    Nortavlag Bulc

thanks Larry for the info

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    A beautiful build 4 sure! Did you have to tape over the cowl decal or was it removed before paint?
    Thanks Ray I appreciate that! They are all separate decals. I started with white primer, then I did all the colors going light to dark (yellow first). Then I did the red metal flake pinstriping and dusted the blue with the same red metal flake for a purple metal flake effect. Then I put the decals on (they didnt want to separate from the backing or stick good at all so I wouldnt suggest buying decals from ThunderboatGraphics for a few reasons). I did a 'dust' coat of clear to seal the decals, then two full flow coats of clear over them. I was an aviation painter for 5 years at Parks Airport working on helicopters with news logos. I did this with spray cans. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5 Outboard View Post
    Yep Pete will hook you up and stick with you through the build if needed. Couldnt be a nicer rock star in the hobby.