Thread: failure to bind

Default failure to bind

Well here goes, Spektrum receiver 315 binds for the steering but cannot get motor to acknowledge the bind, got another rec and ECS ,,, still wont bind the motor but i have steering. I charged both batteries, and ran the bind process according to the manual half a dozen times and could not get the motor to respond to step #6. Horizon thought it might be the ECS so they sent a new one... yea , you know same problem ... now i thinking the tx in the thrl circuit shot or brand new motor shot? this is the radio that comes with the boat Impulse ... I at my wits end and not being able to trouble shoot this .. any suggestions would be obliged and i have contacted Horizon but it may take a day or two and i want to run this boat...

did you set the esc up for rx ,give full throttle then power up then the esc should start beeping than release throttle should be ok then

TX throttle trim set too high. ESC will not arm. Reduce trim setting to middle or below.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

this ( give full throttle then power up ...) is after I bind ? not sure what you mean by " set the esc up for rx " ?

this ( give full throttle then power up ...) is after I bind ? not sure what you mean by " set the esc up for rx " ?

Well! I ran the bind again... I not sure how the above advice works, but, unpluged the throttle lead from the throttle slot and plugged in to the Aux 1 slot and ... it lives !!!! full throttle and reverse using the side button and not the trigger finger .. huh

You still didn't do what you actually need to do.
    Ignore the 'set up ESC' stuff above, that can only happen after the bind is complete.

Plug it back into the throttle channel (#2)

a) Set throttle trim to zero on the transmitter
    Actually, set all your trims to the 0 position. Dual rate could be messed up as well.
    b) do the bind
    should work now
    If yes, do a full throttle range adjust per your ESC instructions.

Nada....hmmmm, tried several times...gotta be bad circuit in the tx , works fine in Aux 1.

A new day. I got out the cheap SLT3 Spektrum I bought ( 39$) to try that ones' Tx. Plugged in the thrl to its thrl , did the simple bind and low and behold the throttle works , steering works and I am a happy camper . Now if I can just get HH to fix the other TX... thanks for all the input !