Thread: Help!! maybe fried my motor

Default Help!! maybe fried my motor

Newbie here, Did I burn up my motor, I was running my Proboat Zeles with a Dr Props 642/3 the the 1st run went like a bat out of hell, the 2nd run the boat stopped dead in the water the motor was grunting or rattling and not spinning up at all, it?s not bearings the motor shaft has no play except a little back and forth.
    I let the boat cool down for an hr, the motor got up to 140 degrees F, I removed the flex cable and spun the motor back up it spun for about 2 seconds and stopped and started grunting again kind of a chattering noise barely turning.
    if the motor failed any suggestions on a more reliable motor would be greatly appreciated want to make speed runs

Sounds like you burned a phase. it's toast.

How many volts ( cells ) were you running. A 642/3 is a lot of blade and a lot of pitch. I don't know that boat on particular. What is the stock prop that comes on it. Going to guess about a 440, or 442, two blade. Any prop, when you jump from a two blade to a three blade ( same pitch and diameter ) is going to load the motor - ESC quite a bit harder.

Get a larger motor (that stock one is just a 3660) with a little lower kv. Some merging like a TP 3650 1800kv or a Leopard 4074 1800kv. Either should suit the boat and prop nicely. Hope you?ve got enough ESC for it!

Check your connectors to see if they desoldered because too much heat can do that and it can mimic a burnt motor.
    Nortavlag Bulc

You could also have toasted the caps on the esc.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks for the replies, I’m going with a better motor for sure, the 4064 1800kv gets great reviews, I love this boat it really helps me with my PTSD and to get my mind off of my injuries.
    I love how fast it goes ������ however my main concern is reliability speed is a close second ��.

Well after all that and after watching a couple of You tube video found out that the wires that are soldered to the windings in the motor were cold solder joints and one of them delaminated.
    Resoldered the wires back on, applied new heat shrink and the motor is good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Check your connectors to see if they desoldered because too much heat can do that and it can mimic a burnt motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Well after all that and after watching a couple of You tube video found out that the wires that are soldered to the windings in the motor were cold solder joints and one of them delaminated.
    Resoldered the wires back on, applied new heat shrink and the motor is good as new.
    Yep.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray you were right on the Mark, sorry I didn’t get back to the thread soon enough to notice your reply, thanks

It's o.k. I knew you would figure it out.
    Nortavlag Bulc

And you are a model boat expert?

Lohring Miller

HEY Mr. hazle1994, what the heck does any of the JIBBERISH you just wrote have to do with the subject matter at hand. This is a model boat forum. Take your scam B S and spread it somewhere else.