Thread: Electronics

Default Electronics

I just purchased a TFL Genesis 900. What do you guys prefer for the electronics if you were buying for a new project? The boat comes with:
    2 x 3660/2070KV brushless motors
    120A Hobbywing ESCs
    4.76mm drive shaft system, 65mm mouse tail, 90 rudder with water nozzle, 55mm water jet, 38mm copper paddle.

Looking for a good setup for radio, batteries, etc.

i use a spektrum stick tx and a air rx to full satisfaction ,but futaba is maybe the best

Futaba 7PXR, SMC lipos.

I have no idea about whats all out there the elitists use futaba, then spektrum. I have a radiolink RC6GS and Im quite happy with it. It does everything like telemetry, head follow for FPI, 30 models, etc. for $85 with the receiver.

for batteries if you switch everything over to EC5 and search amazon for batteries with EC5 connectors, 8/10 they will have 10awg wire (not always so you have to look and make sure it fills the gaps in the connector) and 80-100+ C rate. Thats the main thing I look for is 10awg wire and higher C rate. I sat next to an elitist at the boat club last weekend (decked out with futaba) that had an SMC pack drop a cell. Then a CNHL pack swell and unsolder the wire at the battery terminal all while bragging how he never charges faster than 1C, never charges more than once in 24hrs, etc. My $20 amazon specials have been shorted 5x, abused, left charged, discharged down to 3v a cell, etc and just kept going like it was nothing.
    Last edited by Bande1; 05-17-2023 at 08:29 AM.

2 x 5S - 5000mAh batteries and one LiFe - 1000 mAh barrery for Rx.

Thank you all for the suggestions.