Thread: ZTW ESC 150 Amp compatible to SSS 4092?

Default ZTW ESC 150 Amp compatible to SSS 4092?

Hello,

I currently bought an SSS 4092 850KV motor and they sold me a ZTW 150amp ESC,
    I was told by several guys that the ESC should be a 300? I will be setting this up as an 8S
    set up and 6S to race.Do I need to upgrade to 300?
    Thanks In Advance

I ran that same setup in a 1/8 scale last year with 0 problems. Just don't overprop it.

When you say over prop by too much size?
    I have the 2215-19 38 (2) from ABC going on a seaducer 39 mono

I used that prop as well. Several local racers are running that setup. Sounds like you been shopping at Rattlesnake rc. We're not running monos so maybe someone else may have a different answer.

Yes from Rattlesnake RC.it was originally going on a 42 sprint cat but cosmetically it needed some work and with an open top for the nitro head I needed to seal it up so I decided to order a mono to add to the collection from Seaducer.

Yes Rattlesnake RC?s motor and ESC purchase

Quote Originally Posted by coralway View Post
    When you say over prop by too much size?
    I have the 2215-19 38 (2) from ABC going on a seaducer 39 mono
    I too have a Seaducer 39 I race on 6S, although we have quite the different setup. Mine is higher kv, with a smaller prop. Just ran the math on your combo, 850kv motor on 6S and a 2215 prop. Not gonna lie, my boat would absolutely lap you at least twice at those speeds. Even if you were on 8S, I'd probably lap you once. You might want to rethink this combo if you ever plan on going faster than a stock Traxxas Spartan.

For what it's worth, your friends are right. To be competitive racing that boat on 6S, you're going to want much more ESC than a 150A. I've datalogged my Seaducer 39 to know exactly what kind of amp draw it pulls, and a 150A ESC is NOT going to cut it. A 300A is more like it. Personally, I run a Castle XLX2 converted to marine use with a Stumpfab cooling plate, although Castle has released their own marine version of that particular ESC so you don't have to convert it, called the Hydra XLX2.

Thanks tbonemcniel for that valuable information! I will definitely take your advice on that and make the right decision.
    I?m hoping they will accept my return on this 150 ESC

Any advice what boat/battery combo motor would work with this 150 ESC? They won't accept my return because the packaging has a small tear on it
    so I am stuck with this.

it depends where you living in the us go to OSE in europe you have MHZ and Hydro&marine they have a big choice of hulls and the best quality you can buy

this motor and esc work very good in a 12s setup, i ran the ztw150 in a 36"sprint cat on 12s it was a bit heavy for this hull but 70mph al day long(motor was tp 4070 850kv)you need the program card for the esc setup

Koen, Thanks for the info, You need to program the ESC as well?

yeah they have a factory setting you can find it in the manuel

We run these esc's in 1/8 scales on 10s. We also have a 6000 mah limit. Motors are typically Leopard or TP 780-950kv. Props in the 447, 447/3, 448-648 range. Speeds in the 100 kph range which is all good for the scales.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.