Thread: Loud noise/ vibration under throttle

Default Loud noise/ vibration under throttle

Hello, I've been out of the hobby for some years now and am trying to get back into it. I had a lipo fire and lost most of my garage and rc's and other equipment about three years ago and stepped away from the hobby. My one cat made it, and trying to get it back into shape to run it at the lake. Last time out at the lake it was making a horrible noise/ vibration at low speed. I didn't bother running it at a higher speed and removed it off the water. I always lube the flex shaft after a run. I drive collar is tight and looks aligned correctly. I did not build the boat, I purchased it this way besides upgrading the esc. I bench tested it yesterday briefly (I know it's not good to do) with a few taps of the throttle and seems loud/noisy. I am not sure where to start? I also need to replace the rudder sleeve as it rotted out after inspecting the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you pull the flex shaft and grease it? They make a lot of noise if they are dry.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I haven't recently. It's been sitting for some years now. The last time I took it out I greased it before use and it was making so much noise, I pulled it out of the water.

how are the motor bearings they can be bad, i had a pb geico new and both motors had bad bearings and if take out the flex shaft and store it in gearoil and leave the end out during the run it sqeeze the oil out

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    how are the motor bearings they can be bad, i had a pb geico new and both motors had bad bearings and if take out the flex shaft and store it in gearoil and leave the end out during the run it sqeeze the oil out
    I have never checked the motor bearings or have done any kind of maintenance on them.

Also, I need to replace the rear boot for the turn fin. On the OSE shop do you guys know what size I need?

take the small or medium one they alway fit

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    take the small or medium one they alway fit
    Thank you!

Remove the flex, and run it on the bench.
    That will tell you if the motor bearing are the noisy part.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),