Thread: Someone please help tell the difference between the two miss geicos

Default Someone please help tell the difference between the two miss geicos

I'm going to purchase a miss geico twin tomorrow but then I saw another miss geico nearby and it looks different. The paint at least. One looks more vibrant geen/yellow the other looks like it has some graphics of some sort.

Did proboat make a few versions of the miss geico twin?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Second picture looks over saturated, processing done in the camera or white balance issues. First picture, that boat was likely repaired and repainted at the front of the hull as indicated by the geometric pattern of paint color transition.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yeah. I'm on my way to pick up the vibrant one. It's nearly brand new. Thanks

Yes, Proboat made two versions of the Geico twin. Part number PRB08040V2 is the second version of the boat (note the V2 at the end of the part number). I bought a V2 for my son for Christmas and it is more of a greenish/yellow color IMO.

It looks like the V2 is now discontinued as well, as it no longer shows on the Horizon Hobby website and only a few spare parts can be found. Many shops started discounting the price about $200 recently as well. Likely a new V3 coming at some point if they keep it in the lineup