Thread: East Central Wisconsin

Thumbs up East Central Wisconsin

I don’t believe that there are any active clubs in the east central Wisconsin area. The Madison Area Fast Electrics, in Mazomanie (we shoot the Fourth of July fireworks in Mazo) has some races and get together’s but I am looking for a group that play’s within driving distance of Oshkosh/Appleton/Green Bay.

There is a club in Oshkosh that runs at a lake at the Winnebago Co. fairgrounds but I believe that they are exclusively nitro/gas.

If not who is in the area (within about an hours drive)? Is there an interest in getting a group going?
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Hi Chop

I am now the Madison Area Fast Electrics club top dog. More like top puppy as we are a small club. Lost our Commadore last year - Doug Robichaud.

I was contacted by Sean Kewley a couple months back. He lives in West Bend. He just picked up a new UL-1. He plans to come to Mazo a couple times to run.

Isn't West Bend within maybe 1.5 hour away? He doesn't have a club but he is someone to hook up with and run, or travel together.

His E-Mail sean@votersolutions.com

Also - if you come to Mazo for fireworks, let us know and we can hook up once at our mazo pond.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post

There is a club in Oshkosh that runs at a lake at the Winnebago Co. fairgrounds but I believe that they are exclusively nitro/gas.
    Chop the Atlanta Model Boaters was a nitro gas club until two years ago when they let us join them.

Give them a call and see where it leads, it can't hurt.

Valley R/C Boaters
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin

President
    Carl Squiers
    1927 Illinois Avenue
    New Holstein, WI 53061
    (920) - 540-5244
    plumkrazyrcboats@hotmail.com

Good luck,
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Hey Chop! I grew up in Appleton. I can't believe that there are not any clubs around - as there is so much water in the area. When I get back there (?) we will have to get together.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by DPeterson View Post
    if you come to Mazo for fireworks, let us know and we can hook up once at our mazo pond.

Doug
    Thanks Doug, I might just do that. After everything is set up we usually have time to kill. If you can show me the pond I can return the favor by letting you and your family up close to view the fireworks - nothing better than laying on a blanket looking straight up at the shells going off, unless you're lighting the fuses that is!

Madison is just under 2 hours away so I could make the drive once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    Valley R/C Boaters
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin

President
    Carl Squiers
    1927 Illinois Avenue
    New Holstein, WI 53061
    (920) - 540-5244
    plumkrazyrcboats@hotmail.com

Good luck,
    Doug
    Thanks Doug,

I didn't have any info. other than the club name. I was going to try them as we got closer to when the lakes get liquid again. I can do that now that I have some contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Hey Chop! I grew up in Appleton. I can't believe that there are not any clubs around - as there is so much water in the area. When I get back there (?) we will have to get together.
    Where abouts' did you live? Must have graduated a few years before me ('78). I grew up near Appleton Medical Center (aka Appleton Memorial Hospital back then).

Late last summer I started playing with a group at the Appleton Yacht Club (by Lutz Park). It was fun, but they all run gas or nitro. I was the only one running FE. I guess running with the gas guy's was better than running alone.

On the north side not far from the Doctors park. I graduated from West in 74 and my wife graduated in 76. I still have family there so I get back there every now and then.

Ah ... I remember the yacht club. In high school a friend's dad had a boat there. We would go up river (as the Fox river flows north) through the locks to LLB.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Dr.’s Park, my Dad had an office there. AHS-West huh? Must have gone to Jr. High at Roosevelt? I had a few friends that went there.

Running at the yacht club is nice. The river runs under the docks, when a boat flips over or dies the current carries it back to the dock. Nice that they have food and drink at the bar too. RC boaters are welcome because we provide some entertainment! Several yacht club members have purchased ZigZag’s and we have races with them.