Thread: 1/8 scale driver figures

Default 1/8 scale driver figures

I am wondering where one might get 1/8 scale driver figures. I am after a 70's open cockpit style. I also need to be able to have it sent to NZ. TIA.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I mentioned in the other thread that I had one but I was just thinking perhaps I should pop a silicone mould of him. I have been looking for 1/10-1/12 drivers and it just dawned on me I could make a mould of the one that I do have. And since they seem to be so hard to find anymore. I could be onto something.

But try airplane pilot search, there are some.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I mentioned in the other thread that I had one but I was just thinking perhaps I should pop a silicone mould of him. I have been looking for 1/10-1/12 drivers and it just dawned on me I could make a mould of the one that I do have. And since they seem to be so hard to find anymore. I could be onto something.

But try airplane pilot search, there are some.
    Shawn
    Hi Shawn
    I'm keen on one for my new scale. making a mould might be worthwhile if you can do that. I have looked at airplane pilot figures locally but there is nothing that is the right scale or look. Lmk if you want to sell the one you have, or a copy. I'll keep looking and taking any other suggestions.

I ordered some two part silicone moulding liquid so I’ll do one up and you can have the original. Ordered from Amazon so won’t take too long. The pkg claims it is 1/10 but no way. It is same as the one Jesse had pictured. 3 1/2” tall. I have a 1/12 too but I feel it is more of 1/10.

Oh and maybe check the Shapeways site. They do 3D printed RC parts.

Thanks Shawn that'd be awesome. PM me when you have it sorted and we'll sort it from there.

Well those certainly look good. A tad pricey but really look good. And light. That Rattlesnake RC has some decent stuff and M5 Performance has some informative content on YouTube

Yes to both. I picked up a few things from them. I've also talked to I think his name is Bill on the phone great guy . Tons of experience.

Jesse came back to me and has sold me the one he has. Much appreciated Jesse. Thanks also Shawn for your offer. I'm sure there is still a market for them even though most seem to like building modern wing boats. There are soooo many options to choose from for 1/8 scale and they look awesome on the water racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Jesse came back to me and has sold me the one he has. Much appreciated Jesse. Thanks also Shawn for your offer. I'm sure there is still a market for them even though most seem to like building modern wing boats. There are soooo many options to choose from for 1/8 scale and they look awesome on the water racing.
    Yeah I have an AC Boats Edge hydro here to build so I’m also on board with 1/8 scale. It’s completely not a ‘scale boat’ but I’ll set it up same.

go to https://www.allrc1.com/

M5 Performance