Thread: Updating Miss Geico Battery Placement

Default Updating Miss Geico Battery Placement

Figure I'd give it a try and put 6S 5000mah 70C batteries in the Sponsons. Looks doable just need to add more padding around the batteries and maybe a Velcro strap. I like the room and also how it cleans up the battery tray. Maybe add a second battery for a bilge pump.

P1060790.jpg

Its a good idea. I run my CNHL 6s packs in the sponsons on my Geico V2, and it definitely helps to get more weight forward. I moved both ESC's forward on the plastic tray by about four inches and secured them with servo tape and zipties to give me more room to get the batteries forward, as the ESC battery connectors have short cables and wouldn't let me put the packs far enough forward where I wanted them. I dont use any straps, just foam pieces to hold the packs in snugly and it works better than straps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks and nice setup, I really like the quad inlets and outlets too.

That's how I ran my Zelos. Helps get the weight forward when you're approaching triple digits.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I came up with some 3D printed battery braces. If you are interested, I will post a link below. I use velcro to hold the batteries in place, and the brace is just to keep them from flopping around in the crash.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5439623/filesIMG_0338.jpg
    Team Liquid Dash

Those are really nice and a great idea ! If I was into 3D I'd make some.

Thanks

I changed the config in mine similar to Notoriuosone did. My 5000 mAh 6S SMC packs will fit snugly all the way forward on the batt tray, but even that wasnt enough to prevent it from trying to fly once I hit 100MPH with my Dasboata Super Geico speed props. Adjusting the struts deeper only slowed the boat down and increased the amp draw.

I got a bit overzealous with those props and burned one of the factory ESCs, so I switched them both up to Hobbywing 180s and shifted them forward using the OSE mount, as well as pour about 2 oz of resin into each of the sponson tips. I also added the OSE water pickup rudder, so now each ESC/Motor has its own independent water supply in/out so that water isnt passing through one hot item before moving to another.

I also have some Dasboata sport props to take a bit of the load off for heat racing, so hoping to test this weekend to see how much cooler things will run. The new config has shifted the weight forward a good bit from stock, so now I have the ability to adjust the batts back to get it balanced out better vs stock where more weight needed to be forward without any adjustment left.

I tried the batts in the sponsons, but that places them further back than they already were in the position shown in my images.
    Last edited by Xrayted; 02-04-2023 at 10:37 AM.

I Installed 2 Seaking 180ESC's in my MissG and I RUN 4 of my lipos right across the front of the hull..
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7