Thread: Ripmax Pro-Peak Power Supply 13.8V (0-20 Amps) 0-1P2000U NOS

Default Ripmax Pro-Peak Power Supply 13.8V (0-20 Amps) 0-1P2000U NOS

Looking for a power supply for a reasonable price Thanks

I use the converted computer server power supplies that various people make and sell online, with 4mm banana plugs already soldered on and various carbon fiber vinyl wrap cosmetics. I have one setup for 12V and another that does 24V for my larger current draw charging setup.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have one of those too heavy for what I?m doing but thanks I?m using it on a car portable speaker set up with a amplifier

I bought one of these and it blew within a year, I replaced it and its replacement didn't last either, neither had seen charge rates of over 10A and I was pretty disappointed, I wouldn't buy again. I replaced it with a meanwell power supply and being a naked unit I put it in a charging case that also includes 2 RC chargers, phone charger, a LiPo warming box, a pair of car speakers and a bluetooth amp.

Ripmax is the main distributer to UK model shops so it is the most readily available power supply here and I know a bunch of people that have them and most are happy with them, but I am not the only one I know that has had one blow on them.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I have had a ripmax dual for many years and no issues never tried a new model so I?m going to check out the mean well what kind of power cord is needed for that

Personally I chose a 3 meter coiled 13A cable which is overkill for the 1000w PSU i chose on our 240V, but was what was available locally in the format that suited me, and woul be about right for you if you are from USofA with 110V.

I inlet a PVC tube into the bottom of the case so the coiled cable sits inside it neatly for storage and transport, yet slides out easily for use.

I don't know if you have the same where you live but in the UK all electrical devices come with a plastic plug protecter that covers the pins when in transport and I glued one of those above the cable tunnel so I can plug the end of the lead into the case to stop it flopping around in transport; all our plugs here are right angle by regulation so it sits against the side neatly, I know in USA straight plugs are standard, but if they are available a 90degree one would make it much neater, either that or size the tube to fit a round plug inside it, but that will mean a considerably shorter run of coiled cable will fit inside with it.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.