Thread: Castle MMX8S Stumpfab conversion in Blackjack 42

Default Castle MMX8S Stumpfab conversion in Blackjack 42

I saw Stumpfabs kit to convert the Castle mmx8s to marine use, so I thought Id try it on one of my mmx8s in the Blackjack 42, with the stock motor. The ESC conversion was very easy to do, just remove and sand down the ESC heatsink fins to a smooth surface, then attach the aluminum cooling plate with thermal paste. Its held on not by adhesive, but by the 3d printed cover that screws into the stock ESC holes. I also added a Flopack cap pack to the ESC while I was at it. The only thing I didnt like was the plastic water nipples they include. I switched them to metal nipples from a dual pickup rudder. I also changed the water lines routing so the water gets to the motor first.. I have used these mmx8s ESC?s on speedruns many times and pulled over 400amps, with temps barely getting over 120 degrees so Im not worried about it getting hot. At some point I may convert an xlx2 also and try that out. Anyone else use one of these ESC?s in the Blackjack42? I?ll have this in the water this weekend and try to get some video to post up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not in a BJ42, but I have three X8S?s running in boats now. They run fantastically.

Conversion for XLX2 in 38" Seaducer mono running 6s, X8S in 40" PTI PX-400 6s, X8S in PTI PX-335 4s. Will be buying a couple of Hyrda's with bonus in March. Great ESC's.