Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blazer Marine P Sport Hydro build

I can't wait to see it finished. Quite a change from the old kit I have sitting on a shelf.

Did Brian just start changing the design?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Believe this is an upgrade from the Whiplash and more to the Backlash style. It could also be beyond that. Will have to inquire. Good majority of my time at the pond has been behind a tunnel.

Got the battery section set. Last top piece just laid down. Same process to seal the wood, 2 coats of TP and 1 coat of 205.

psh22.jpg

Servo mount and stuffing tube.

psh24.jpg

MBP coupler for the .078 wire drive from Jeff W.

psh23.jpg

Your pics made me chuckle. When I do decks it looks like a table at a yard sale too.
    Noisy person

Should see Brian's setup!

Every boat I build have cherry tips.

psh25.jpg

psh26.jpg

psh27.jpg

I just realized how much this looks like a Dygert sport hydro. Wonder if they've been working together on it. I suppose we're all exposed to each others stuff and are intrigued by what others are doing. Sticks in there stewing. Then a modified rendition springs forth. A major part of why the hobby is so fun.
    Noisy person

Most boats are a progression from previous designs. Makes it all better in the end.

Cowl has some pin holes, but this being a test boat, not worried about it. Currently putting holes on the back side for hardware.

psh28.jpg

psh29.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Scott View Post
    Cowl has some pin holes
    I use the pink vinyl DryDex spackle for those. I'm shocked every time how well that works.
    Noisy person

Will 4S-3000 fit it in this boat. I didn’t think anybody ran 2s in a sport boat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schweers View Post
    Will 4S-3000 fit it in this boat.
    That would be light for P sport too.
    Noisy person

Hello all. I hope to answer some of the questions....

We are on version 7 now of this boat and it has not hit the water yet. haha.
    This boat encompasses all of our current boats into one. The top of the sponsons are like the slingshot, the sponson recovery pads are similar to the Whiplash GV, Backlash tear drop after the sponsons and the rest is whiplash. Overall, the boat has roughly the same angles as the Whip20.

There are two versions of the boat. One that is almost 34" and one that is 31".

Both boats will be able to hold (2) 4S packs in front, or perpendicular in front of the sponson transoms. If you want to run 2S packs, they can also go under the deck (small mod needed). So it gives you a lot of flexibility.

We hope to have the first boats hit the water in a month or so. From there we will probably need to make some more changes, then make them available to everyone. We want to make sure we perform proper R&D prior to releasing anything.

We will also have a Q boat, similar to this one, but a lot bigger. The first version was a fail, but we learned a lot we are currently redesigning with some changes. Again, R&D first then to market later.

It's been a fun project, and I am learning a lot about the electric side of things. It's a different animal for sure.

Thanks,

Brian Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schweers View Post
    Will 4S-3000 fit it in this boat. I didn’t think anybody ran 2s in a sport boat anymore.
    The area for the batts where I have them is tight. The 2s batts I have are under 1" tall, little room to spare. As they say, where ther's a will, there's a way.

Tomorrow is a road trip to pick up special strut nose cones that I had created for this and other projects. Stuffing tube box mounted. As already suggested, need to reenforce the motor mount and stuffing box. That area does move easily.

Attachment 176519

Attachment 176520

Great stuff Brian. Keep up the research.
    Noisy person

Great to see this...I've been slowly building a Blazer Sport 20 for the last 3 years and planning on converting it to electric. One of the things I wasn't really stoked about was the cowl and this one looks so much nicer! I may just have to take what I've learned building this kit, scrap it, and start over with the new electric version :)
    I do have a couple of questions though...I see the batteries are mounting to the left and right of the cowl, under the top deck, how are you going to secure them in place? I assume you will slide them in through the center somehow to get them in place. 2nd...I've been finding hardware for this size a bit limited...All I've really been able to find for a turn fin is the Mojo Racing one. The fin itself is very nice, but I'm not really happy with the mounting bracket.

Brian will be designing a turn fin based on his knowledge of his past designs. The Sport 20 you have is a great P-LTD boat.

Batteries will be held in via a way that Racer504 showed me. Below example is on my Q tunnel. Basic same setup. I'll post pics of that when at that step.

psh35.jpg

Latest updates to the project. New stuffing box/tube and motor was just glued down.

psh32.jpg

psh33.jpg

psh34.jpg

Mark
    Here is the turn fin you need.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-s-and-Riggers

Larry Jaques
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Mark
    Here is the turn fin you need.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-s-and-Riggers

Larry Jaques
    Thx Larry, will keep in mind. Waiting for the setup from Brian.

Boat is 99% complete.

Speedmaster hardware
    psh36.jpg

OSE grommet
    psh37.jpg

Bit too much epoxy on the tube. But there is a 1/8 brass tube used for steering rod passthru.
    psh38.jpg

Heat shrink tubing will be the seal.
    psh39.jpg

Water tube
    psh40.jpg

Battery holder pieces
    psh41.jpg

The way it will be put in. Inside the hull, velcro will be used on the bottom, while the holder will have velcro also and the rubber piece added for vibration.
    psh42.jpg

Any idea when the kit will be available?

Believe the design was altered twice since I got my kit. At this time, mine has not been on water. There are other kits out there, unaware of their status. Believe the latest is still up for a redesign. One other factor that will push my initial run occurred last week Friday. The Jeep motor decided to throw a rod or two or something. It would be tough to take the boat and other items hanging off the V-Star.

Brian wants to make sure the kit is a proper before sending it out to the public.

Any updates? Looking forward to seeing this on the water!

Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
    me too, I will buy the Q so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
    I talked with Mark in person and got to see the boat. They (blazer marine) are on version 9 right now and making the battery compartment able to fit 4s packs. Currently the hull can only accommodate 2s2p. They are definitely perfectionists and make dang well sure the hull is ready for purchase. spending years in R&D bringing a boat to market.

Sorry all, been busy with life. Tested out a few different props and such. Brian took some vids of this session and things were learned. The above boat is V4. The build has a 1.5 degree ride pad. There were some great runs, many not so. Found the CG, about 3" behind the spoon end. My build has the motor way too far forward.

Here is V9 as received from Brian. Main difference is the ride pad angle and 1/8" height added to the deck. My understanding is that Brian has V10 already cut for his testing. All the hardware will be moved from V4 to V9 once completed.

pshv9.1.jpg

pshv9.2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

My V4 never saw good runs. There was an issue with the build. It was my first hydro. V9 is coming along slowly, hope to be ready for the new season.

Just announced on FB, The new Blazer Marine P-Sport Hydro and 40 Sport Hydro are open for purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12