Thread: Teflon stuffing tube liner where to buy?

Default Teflon stuffing tube liner where to buy?

Hi All.

I want to replace the stuffing tube teflon liner in my Proboat Impulse 32 and also have some as a spare. I bought this liner from OSE -
    3/16" (4.75mm, .187" ) Part # oc187t-24
    but this liner OD is too small/the wall thickness is too thin for the stock stuffing tube. There is too much clearance between the liner OD and the stuffing tube ID.

Comparing the stock Proboat liner with the OSE liner, the Proboat liner wall thickness is thicker.

Does anyone know of a source to buy the thicker walled teflon tubing for a 3/16" flex shaft?

I've checked a few online shops but none list the liner dimensions so I'm hesitant to buy it.

Thanks!

Contact OSE and ask Steven directly.
    This is Proboat, they have custom parts and don't play well with the rest of the world.
    Go to the store site and contact.

Also, looks like the Proboat stuffing tube has the liner installed. Doubt you can find it separate. Highly suggest upgrading to OSE parts with standard specs.Will be cheaper in the longrun.

Pro Boat Stuffing Tube Impulse 32 PRB282080
    https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Boat-Stuf.../dp/B096RRS5DB

Thanks for the Amazon link JK. I searched Amazon but didn't get that item.

I'll try Steve. I'd much rather buy from OSE than anywhere else.

Check Amain Hobbies, they show the brass tube with a liner for 14 bucks. I'd call them just to make sure.

The Teflon OSE has is mostly made in the USA and does not fit well with metric stuffing tubes found on RTR boats. You could shop at Banggood or ALiexpress to find a match. TFL might carry metric.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    The Teflon OSE has is mostly made in the USA and does not fit well with metric stuffing tubes found on RTR boats. You could shop at Banggood or ALiexpress to find a match. TFL might carry metric.
    This explains it! I figured the stuffing tubes and liners consisted of a few standard dimensions. Now I know they don't. THANKS!
    And thanks for the ideas on the web sites.

Thanks for the Amain Hobbies idea Racingjake.

I bet I'll find a solution on at least one of these sites.

Appreciate the help.

Update for boaters with the same question.

Thanks Ray. Spot on.
    The Teflon OSE has is mostly made in the USA and does not fit well with metric stuffing tubes found on RTR boats

Solved my problem buying these:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/pro-boat-geico-zelos-36-shaft-liner-2-prb282067/p977349

2 pcs of liner easily long enough and the same dimensions as OEM for the Impulse 32

For a dimensional comparison, my cheap digital mic will only measure to .1mm.

OSE teflon tube:
    Approx. 6.0mm OD, .4mm wall, I measure 5.2-5.3mm ID and the math checks out - 6-2x.4=5.2mm

Proboat teflon tube:
    Approx. 6.8mm OD, .8mm wall, I measure 5.2-5.3mm ID and the math checks out - 6.8-2x.8=5.2mm

Last edited by CJPB32; 01-18-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Nice to know, thanks.
    Nortavlag Bulc