Thread: Ten-shock customer service

Default Ten-shock customer service

Has anyone done business with this company, can?t seem to get in touch with them. Been trying for a week, I?ve left messages in chat and through there sales contact information on their site no response at all.
    they did take my money for a boat, but will not answers any of my questions, I?m a bit frustrated with their communication.

Chinese company. They can be slow at responding. I've ordered from them (twice...first for the boat, and a second time for spare parts), and that was my experience. Both, both times, both orders arrived, without problems. Not sure if this info will give you any "comfort", but I'm hoping it will.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thanks for the reply I’m not really worried about getting my parts I’ve been trying to get info on parts and specifications, no answers.
    they must be really busy

I think most, if not all, RC companies are "busy right now". Draw, summer is starting, and kids are out of school.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Can you tell me what battery and metal prop I should order, also are the boats color coated over the carbon fiber, I ordered a yellow boat with the option of carbon fiber thinking that I would be getting a black carbon fiber boat however I’m starting to think that it’s going to be a yellow carbon fiber boat.

Whether carbon fiber, or kevlar fiber, if you ordered a 'yellow' boat, you're still going to have a 'yellow' boat. The options you were choosing from have to do with the material the hull & canopy area made from. Whichever you choose, it'll still be painted yellow. As for your other questions, check my reply to your PM.

UPDATE: While TenShock boats are extremely good...tho, as I haven't purchased one from them in the past 2+ years, can't claim to know if the quality is still as good as it was...I just now admit that their customer service has DEFINITELY gone down hill.

Before I ordered my Mini Eco Swordsman, I had more than a few questions, so I emailed them. They not only answered every question I had, providing complete & detailed answers But they also asked me some questions, so as to let her help me determine what would best suit I want/needs. This led to a somewhat-small series of emails back & forth, and also led to my purchase. After the initial purchase was received, the very few more emails exchanged, all with customer service quality equal to the original emails, which led to the 1-2 orders (replacement & upgrade parts) that followed. That was 2-3 years ago.

Moving forward to 2023, while they are responding to emails (the emails come from 'Nancy'...which could be the same person from 2-3 years ago, could be someone different using the 'Nancy' name, or all emails sent from TenShock (even is sent by different people) could come from 'Nancy'), answers to my questions are not truly being provided. In the first reply, I was told they "changed systems last October", and that no accounts were transferred over. WHY they would do it that way is completely idiotic...basically, in doing it that way, they deleted the purchase history of every customer (which, technically, would include voiding all warranties).

So, I replied back, requesting a parts list for all parts praying to my boat, plus a comparison list for the (current) Volador version. Obviously, if I need to order replacement parts, I NEED to know, specifically, what those parts are...and, since I know that some parts change when they do a new 'version', that was why I was requesting the parts comparison list. The reply I received simpler said, "The parts are the same, except for the motor mount." WHAT THE??? I mean, seriously, WHAT did that tell me? It tells me nothing useful, that's for sure. So, now, I've had to reply back again, explaining (as one would explain to a 3 year-old) WHY I need the requested list.

This is what TenShock's customer service has come to. It's more of a 'disservice', than a 'service'.

You are expecting too much, imho.
    Go ask Horizon (or any Vendor) for a comparison list between Sonicwake V1 and V2, let me know how that goes
    Nobody (or too few) care at the end of the day. I understand your questions, but this is not a Tenshock issue.

I would expect a list of recommended HW though.

Switching systems is not uncommon, it's your responsibility to maintain relevant data, you can never rely on the Vendor to do it. Sucks but reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jkflow View Post
    You are expecting too much, imho.
    You, obviously, completely misunderstood what I was saying, as well as what info I am asking TenShock for. The comparison list was requested only after they informed me that the Swordsman shares most of the same parts with the Volador. In regards to what I was actually asking for in the beginning, it was nothing more than the list of parts for the Mini Eco Swordsman...that is, definitely NOT, "expecting too much". If they published this information on their website, as pretty much all other manufacturers do, there wouldn't be any need for anyone to ask.

Taking this back to what this thread is actually about - customer service - it is quite easy to see, when comparing the original experience to the current experience, their customer service does appear to have gone downhill.

I got my boat in the mail yesterday it’s a carbon fiber boat gel coated yellow, bummer, oh well still pretty happy that I got a carbon fiber Mini Dom for $100 less than you know who.
    from order to receipt of the boat with the $5 shipping was two weeks. However I still have not had any of my questions answered by them, I have sent 8 emails to them asking very nicely about parts and support not one answer in two weeks, that’s BS I will not be purchasing anything else from them.