Thread: I need a hard top hatch for a traxxas m41

Default I need a hard top hatch for a traxxas m41

Hi all, I'm looking for someone who can print a racing style hatch for my traxxas m41 catamaran. Yes I like the open style too but I'd like to experiment and prefer the look of a closed style hatch such as the genesis or similar. I know some of you guys have some pretty neat machines out there and I would gladly pay for a hatch that will fit my traxxas m41 hull. Feel free to reply here or pm me.

Chris

You'll need to have your original hatch 3D scanned/digitized so that a new CAD drawing can be created and modified to fit your hull.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

This is what I needed to know. So how does one get it scanned? Do I have to send the hatch to a 3d printing company ? I wouldn't mind at all. Thanks btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Woohoo\o/ View Post
    This is what I needed to know. So how does one get it scanned? Do I have to send the hatch to a 3d printing company ? I wouldn't mind at all. Thanks btw.
    fweasel, please can you respond to this?

You'll need to find someone with a scanner. 3D printing things is easy when you have an STL file. Creating custom objects is a whole other ballgame that requires CAD modeling, and in this case, 3D scanning of an original part to start as a baseline.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Your original hatch will need to be 3D scanned or digitalized so that a new CAD drawing may be made and adjusted to fit your hull.