Thread: Fully Charged Batts Question

Default Fully Charged Batts Question

I understand Lipos do not like being stored fully charged for extended periods of time. How much damage will charging them the night before a race do to the batts? Does anyone do this without causing much issues? Thank you.

No issues.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

No issues, I wouldn't go over a week, but still they won't instantaneously combust. You will just take a lot of service life out of them.
    They are probably trashed within 3 months, but that is an educated guess. Time accumulates, i.e. 1-week intervals and doing it 12 times = 3 month total.

Probably just 24 hours fully charged, tops. If I get a DNS, bring them back to storage mode at home after the race.

I am trying to avoid charging onsite, one less thing to do on a busy race day. ��

I only go 2 or 3 times a year, so when I go I take 4 or 5 boats and at least
    20 batteries. I have two chargers, both not very powerful and just one battery at a time. It takes me a day and a half to get everybody charged up. So if I am going on Wednesday I start charging on Monday. Never had any problems at all. I think l like most guys, I get everything back to storage voltage that evening or the next day.

That’s a lot of batts bill, TY! if 24-48 hours fully charged does not impact battery longevity much, that’s good news.

Thank you all!