Thread: Sonic Wake for sale

Default Sonic Wake for sale

I bought a Sonic Wake 36" from this site last September for my son to run with me while we are on our pontoon boat in a fresh water lake. Life changed and I doubt he will have much time to play since buying a home recently. I'm willing to resell it.

With the extras I bought (listed below), I have at least 590 into it. I'd accept 460 plus shipping OBO.

I did not run this boat in the water yet but ran the motor in fwd-rev and the rudder prt-stbd while sitting on my home office desk . No issues.

The previous owner upgraded her with:
    The full RC Boat Bitz Sonic Wake upgrade kit which includes a new stinger, trim tabs, dual intake rudder, and turn fins.
    The vinyl hull wrap.
    A TP Pro Comp 3650 1680kV motor, new water jacket, and SeaKing 180 ESC.
    Heavy duty flex shaft.
    20w digital servo.
    The connectors on the Gens Ace 8000mAh100c batteries and ESC to Supra X bullets.

I bought an extra box of matching Supra X bullet connectors (60 bucks) and made a couple of battery charging adapters so I could charge the Gens Ace batteries with my Spektrum smart charger which has EC3 connectors (about 20 bucks for the EC3 connectors). I set them at 3.8 volts storage charge.

I'll also include four 3S 5000MAh 55c batteries I used once with my Impulse 32 last summer. I have many Spektrum "Smart" batteries which I prefer so I only used these "non-smart" batteries once. These are in addition to the Gens Ace batteries that were originally included.

I also bought/will include the SeaKing programmer card to check/adjust the ESC programming.

Added a break away bolt to the rudder (these only cost a few cents...).

I Built/will include the white stand.

In the engine room I...:
    Ran new/larger clear water lines and added reinforcing tubing at each connection
    Changed the location of the ESC switch and receiver and cleaned up the wire routing
    Added closed cell foam on the starboard side for better top side hull support
    Installed new teflon liner in the stuffing tube

This is a ready to run, turn-key boat.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
    Last edited by CJPB32; 01-04-2023 at 10:15 AM.

more pics....

Attachment 176223Attachment 176224Attachment 176225

6.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (98.4 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (84.0 KB, 24 views)
    Last edited by CJPB32; 01-04-2023 at 10:03 AM.

I?m interested in your boat what?s the shipping story? Ie: I?m in North Florida

If anyone has any insight into the consistent question marks that replace apostrophes I?d love to hear about them.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPB32 View Post

I bought a Sonic Wake 36" from this site last September for my son to run with me while we are on our pontoon boat in a fresh water lake. Life changed and I doubt he will have much time to play since buying a home recently. I'm willing to resell it.

With the extras I bought (listed below), I have at least 590 into it. I'd accept 460 plus shipping OBO.

Hi, is this sonicwake a version 1 or 2? I’m curious on this listing..

I did not run this boat in the water yet but ran the motor in fwd-rev and the rudder prt-stbd while sitting on my home office desk . No issues.

The previous owner upgraded her with:
    The full RC Boat Bitz Sonic Wake upgrade kit which includes a new stinger, trim tabs, dual intake rudder, and turn fins.
    The vinyl hull wrap.
    A TP Pro Comp 3650 1680kV motor, new water jacket, and SeaKing 180 ESC.
    Heavy duty flex shaft.
    20w digital servo.
    The connectors on the Gens Ace 8000mAh100c batteries and ESC to Supra X bullets.

I bought an extra box of matching Supra X bullet connectors (60 bucks) and made a couple of battery charging adapters so I could charge the Gens Ace batteries with my Spektrum smart charger which has EC3 connectors (about 20 bucks for the EC3 connectors). I set them at 3.8 volts storage charge.

I'll also include four 3S 5000MAh 55c batteries I used once with my Impulse 32 last summer. I have many Spektrum "Smart" batteries which I prefer so I only used these "non-smart" batteries once. These are in addition to the Gens Ace batteries that were originally included.

I also bought/will include the SeaKing programmer card to check/adjust the ESC programming.

Added a break away bolt to the rudder (these only cost a few cents...).

I Built/will include the white stand.

In the engine room I...:
    Ran new/larger clear water lines and added reinforcing tubing at each connection
    Changed the location of the ESC switch and receiver and cleaned up the wire routing
    Added closed cell foam on the starboard side for better top side hull support
    Installed new teflon liner in the stuffing tube

This is a ready to run, turn-key boat.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
    Hi, is this boat a version 1or2?
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Hi Mappo. As far as I know it's version 1 but with all the upgrades (RC Boat Bitz) to be equal to version 2 but also to include a better motor and ESC than version 2.

Here is the RC Boat Bitz link for the parts description.

https://rcboatbitz.com/product/sonic...d-pb1057k-r-2/

Quote Originally Posted by DougieDeeds View Post
    I?m interested in your boat what?s the shipping story? Ie: I?m in North Florida

Hi Dougie. Thanks for asking. I'll have to weigh all the pieces and enter the info into USPS and UPS online to get a shipping cost.

I know the online shipping quotes ask for zip codes - to/from. Send me a PM with your zip code and I'll get back to you.

Hi Mappo. As far as I know it's version 1 but with all the upgrades (RC Boat Bitz) to be equal to version 2 but also to include a better motor and ESC than version 2.

Here is the RC Boat Bitz link for the parts description.

https://rcboatbitz.com/product/sonic...d-pb1057k-r-2/
    https://youtu.be/TulZbSKQ3jE
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    Wow, lots of nice boats. I especially like the Arneson Surface Drive boat. I met Howard....

So this guy in the video upgraded the version 2 with the RC Boat Bitz kit. Maybe the version 1 with the upgrade kit is superior to the standard version 2? IDK.

Wow, lots of nice boats. I especially like the Arneson Surface Drive boat. I met Howard....

So this guy in the video upgraded the version 2 with the RC Boat Bitz kit. Maybe the version 1 with the upgrade kit is superior to the standard version 2? IDK.
    The version 2 is a more rigid hull with reinforcing in the inside, over the version 1. Abs plastic versus polycarbonate which is much tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    The version 2 is a more rigid hull with reinforcing in the inside, over the version 1. Abs plastic versus polycarbonate which is much tougher.

Ahhhh gotcha. I didn't know this. But Good to know!

Hi Dougie. Thanks for asking. I'll have to weigh all the pieces and enter the info into USPS and UPS online to get a shipping cost.

I know the online shipping quotes ask for zip codes - to/from. Send me a PM with your zip code and I'll get back to you.
    Bump and pm sent

Received and replied

PM'd last Friday with three shipping prices - USPS and UPS.

Payment sent via PayPal, thank you Craig !!! A fully informed well done sale, I gotta say. I appreciate it.

She is packed and ready to go to the UPS store! I used nearly an entire roll of packing tape. LOL. It better get to you in good shape!!! When you get it, let me know if you have any questions.

Craig this thing is fantastic and arrived here in great shape, nice work on the packing job. Your work is meticulous on the boat, thank you again for a great boat and a transparent and well done deal. DD.

Thanks for letting me know DD. I'm relieved to know it arrived safely. I hope you have fun with it!